Simon Says - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Simon Says Reviews

½ August 24, 2007
Moron characters that you care about anyway a few minutes before they die, inventive kills, a high gory body count and a demented killer in the form of Crispin Glover.
THIS is how you make an entertaing slasher movie.
February 23, 2009
One of the worst Horror films ever made! It?s a complete rip off of other teen Horror movies with terrible acting and over the top clichés.

Honestly the chances are you have seen it all before!!
April 24, 2009
Terrible if te movie isnt bad enough its the acting but nithings is as annoying as that bloody accent its a pointless annoying horror that is typical of so many horrors
August 1, 2008
Pretty fucking awful. Crispin Glover has given some fine performances in the past but what the hell is this? He gives possibly the worst performance of the whole film. It's stupid as hell as well, with the ending seeing a girl burst through a charred corpse and the often mentioned magic pick axe machine. It's also pretty sick but not in a good way, although the dog death was hilarious.
June 7, 2011
A very good horror movie with a twisted plot.
October 21, 2011
You actually don't care if they die or not, oblivious, doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but it did try to show some effort.
½ June 25, 2011
This film is as unimaginative and generic as it gets. It does however get two things right. Excellent death scenes and Crispin Glover plays a good psychopath. Worth a watch I guess, but definently doesn't demand repeated viewings.
October 25, 2007
This is a truly awful film. The writing, directing, editing, shot composition and acting (except by one particular fella) are terrible. But it's got 2 redeeming values, and boy are they redeeming. The kills and the awesome Crispin Glover. When someone gets Glover in a film it's like God visits them in a dream and personally blesses the film. There is no possible way that it can suck. Glover is a blast, overacting like hell and making up for the rest of the truly unwatchable characters. Honestly, the movie spends the first 40 something minutes on these teens and it takes a strong man not to run from the theater screaming like a Banshee. I'm sure if you were in the woods with these kids there, you'd decide to kill them as well. And speaking of killin', the majority of deaths in this film are pretty effin' great. Lots of gore in store for anyone who can make it past the first bit.
The movie's a complete mess, couldn't expect much else for the guy who did Harry and the Hendersons when he tries to make a horror film, but oh what a glorious mess it is.
½ January 3, 2013
A buddy and I get together and watch bad horror movies. Simon Says was selected because of Crispin Glover but I think I can state that this was the worst thing that he has ever done.
½ January 18, 2012
The blood is the only reason why i gave this movie 1 and a half of a star the acting was kind of bad...really bad and the concept of the story seems...non original....poor movie. Probably shouldnt see this....
December 29, 2010
What is with the pick axe machine? Those scenes totally took me out of the film. The axes were coming from different directions, not from one machine like they would have you believe. Aside from that, Crispin's character was awful and needed a lot of research on mental disorders to make it interesting instead of annoying.
September 4, 2010
In order to actually appreciate this movie, you first cannot take it seriously as a horror movie, it's just not a horror movie. It's more of a black comedy. Cripsin Glover provides the main character(s) and does so awkwardly, startlingly and hilariously. This is a must see for horror fans.
November 29, 2009
I watched this because I like Crispin Glover and figured it was an R rated movie with Blake Lively in it, we might see more than just the shitty cleavage she shows on Gossip Girl each week (which is much appreciated, by the way).. well, she's in it for a total of 17 seconds. The title card has more screen time.

Glover is really good though. He's pretty much just playing himself.
July 30, 2009
This movie really surprised me. I was expecting a really bad B rated movie but it was very entertaining. Crispin Glover as Simon is nothing but amazingly entertaining. It's an overall fun slasher movie.
July 8, 2009
The only reason this mess got three stars from me is that just about anything Crispin Glover is in, he is over the top cool. Other than Glover's portrayal of psychotic backwoods twins, this is just another formula slasher in the woods film. It was good to see Crispin's dad Bruce in this film as well as an honorable mention for Greg Cipes as the Spicoli-like stoner dude. Not a bad film to watch on cable or satellite. Save your $3 for the rental on this one.
½ June 20, 2009
A totally ordinary, been there done that horror flick. Imagine, a group of horny attractive young adults going camping in a remote rural area with a bunch of creepy inbred local residents. Sound familiar?
September 19, 2015
Too bad he did not say don't watch,nice to see Glover though maybe next time in something interesting.
January 18, 2015
fun low budget slasher which zips along, creative gore scenes and a looney over the top poodle stomping tour de force from crispin glover