91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

Slam Dunk Ernest Reviews

bug761
bug761

February 25, 2011
Even though I love every Ernest movie, there are a few things in this one that ticked me off. First, I think Ernest gets mistreated worse in this than in any other Ernest movie ever made. The Clean Sweep team didn't really want him to play and all Ernest wanted was to be a part of a team. They called him a 'Dumb Redneck' a few times, they mocked him, made fun of him and it made me want to shove that basketball so far up their butts, it would come out of their heads. Only when Ernest starts winning do they 'like' him until he starts becoming the star of the team. I kept thinking, "Shoot, Ernest, you can win for losing, can you?" Yes, the fame does go to Ernest's head a little bit and maybe that was because he was finally getting some attention. He recovers back to his Ernest self in the end and the story does have an important lesson to learn. Success doesn't fall into your lap. You have to work hard for it. And Ernest didn't really care about being a huge star, he just wanted to be included. He was warned not to misuse the shoes and when he did, things started messing up for him even worse. And he didn't want to turn Quincy against his father, Barry. Erma was such a gold digger, that she definitely didn't deserve to be with Ernest or even in the same room as Ernest and it was great to see him tell Erma and Zimmel to leave him alone because they weren't who he thought they were. I love this film but I just wished they didn't write the script where the team lays into Ernest like they did. I get downright maternal when it comes to Ernest and I feel the need to protect him from the bullies in this world. We miss you, Jim.
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
Ernest started going a bit rubbish after a while, I think this was soon followed by Ernest has a dump, Ernest makes a cup of tea and Ernest gets thromboses. RIP Mr. Varney.
Bobby H

October 17, 2008
Jim Varney plays the halarious Ernest and is the only thing that really makes this movie worth watching along with his teammates.

The villians in this one is just pure annoying and the plot is not so good. It's an okay movie to watch for laughs, but beyond that it's kind of a flop. The magical shoes just were a little too far out for me.
December 6, 2007
It's been years since I saw it, and I'm sure it was fuunier when I was younger, but I'm still going with.....
srsrox
September 4, 2007
Quality: 4
Enjoyment: 3 1/2
Surprising decent plot in this one. Characters were good too. Ernest was funny, but not the funniest he's been in this one.
January 10, 2007
not as good as some of the other ernest movies, like ..goes to camp, ...goes to jail, or ..saves christmas
July 10, 2012
I actually thought this wasn't so funny, but instead, was a bit touching :)
April 25, 2012
worst Ernest movie EVER
garfield2710
October 15, 2010
Before Like Mike was conceived, we had this film. This film has some really funny moments and I happened to love the ending of this film. Not my favorite Ernest film, but it's still a very good one.
jazza923
May 31, 2008
Not Ernest at his best, but I sill found much of it funny. Of course it's very silly, but Jim Varney pulls it off. Harmlessly fun story. The Ernest movies are my guilty pleasures.