People who care about animals should not rent or purchase Snow Buddies. At least 25 puppy "actors" were removed from the set during filming when many of them fell ill. According to veterinarians, the puppies suffered serious health problems, including "heavy intestinal parasite loads." Three of them had to be euthanized after suffering from the highly contagious parvovirus.
These weeks-old puppies were taken from their nursing mothers to be used like disposable props. The producers of this movie exploited these babies specifically to target the lucrative children's movie audience. Kids love puppies, but animals should not suffer and die so that studios can sell DVDs.