Sole Survivor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sole Survivor Reviews

January 28, 2014
Watchable film about the (duh) sole survivor of a plane crash who begins to see strange apparitions around her in the days following the accident.

Predates the Final Destination franchise by a decade or so and gives some similar themes and chills.

Worth a rental.
½ November 6, 2009
For a movie inspired by Carnival of souls it could have benefited from creative cinematography and creepier images, instead it's a giant bore with every attempt to slowly scare the audience failing horribly.
½ January 25, 2009
ok so this woman is the sole survivor of a plane crash but soon weird things start happening rather interesting 80s supernatural thriller
September 1, 2012
A smart and well-paced film that obviously went on to inspire Final Destination. The build up is steady and the music wonderfully builds the terror of the each scene.
½ May 5, 2012
Genuinely frightening horror film that grabs the viewer and won't let go. Eerie, creepy and boasts a clever ending.
June 21, 2011
Well, I thought it was VERY FRIGHTENING. The girl escapes Death and Death manipulates dead bodies to scare The Girl to death . . . Final Destination ripped-off this movie but it looks like the people who made Final Destination simply had the same idea as the makers of Sole Survivor. . . .
so, Final Destination is not a rip-off.

Good Heavens is this movie scary . . . to me at least. Especially with the little girl at the morgue who died in a boating accident scaring The Girl.

you know, SOLE SURVIVOR actually rips-off CARNIVAL OF SOULS.

Both are terrific movies. (In my opinion).

I'll bet most RT viewers would say WTF to this one. (but I always "Over-assume" what other people think)