Something to Talk About Reviews

½ January 20, 2008
Quite a downer of a movie for a 90's Julia Roberts! It's not awful, and generally I like small town settings and I'm not someone who thinks movies need to be "nice" either, as that's not how life is. I don't know why I really couldn't take to this that much.
The cast are good (well, aside from the daughter. Geez. I actually wondered if she was meant to be special needs in her earlier scenes, but , no, just bad acting it seems).
deano
½ February 6, 2007
Clever and excellent characterisations elevate the familiar story of how Julia Roberts's life is thrown into turmoil when she discovers that husband Dennis Quaid has been cheating on her.
Director Lasse Hallstrom did a good job with this drama movie. He certainly seemed fascinated in making a movie which shows how dysfunctional a family really can be, and on more than one level in this film.
Roberts and Kyra Sedgwick are perfect choices of casting as sisters because they look like they could actually be related - imagine they are separated at birth.
thmtsang
August 10, 2007
Good cast. Movie about a woman who finds out her husband is cheating on her. She goes home to her parents to re-evaluate her life.
August 24, 2009
Adorable movie. Lots of good acting. The relationship between Roberts' and Sedgwick's characters reminded me of my sister and I's.
May 25, 2008
I liked this mainly because of Julia Roberts and Kyra Sedgwick and their relationship.
½ June 9, 2007
I thought Sedgwick was pretty awesome as the sassy sister. But other than that, it was a so-so movie.
½ February 5, 2008
Dennis Quaid and Julia were a very funny couple. I enjoyed the chemistry between the two. But Kyra Sedgwick stole the scenes she were in.
January 20, 2008
I loved it. It was about a woman taking the time to learn what's best for her. So many times we're stuck on the ideals that we overlook the obvious (which is usually to our own hurt). Kudos Grace. You GO Girl! (although she was wrong for trying to poison that man. It's never worth going that far.
January 6, 2008
May 4, 2007
I love the street scene the best! Caught the bastard. And I love Kyra Sedgewick in this. And the little girl in this movie is so adorable. LOVED this movie.
July 5, 2007
I LOVE Julia Roberts but this movie blows! I fell asleep not even halfway through the movie. It had potential to be a good movie it just couldn't pull it off.
½ June 17, 2007
I never much liked this movie. Kyra Sedwidge was the best part. I don't believe in tolerating this kind of infedelity. I thought it was a stupid.
June 15, 2007
I really rather liked this movie, except for the fact that everybody gave great performances...Just not with each other...Everybody seemed to be acting in their own movie, and nobody had any chemistry to even make it believable that they had been filmed on the same set...
I guess the best part was the horses...
June 4, 2007
I really did not like how this movie went around with the story... I really would never let a person be unfaithful to me and then forgive them... But Julia Roberts was very impressive and beautiful in the movie.... and also the role of her sister was pretty funny and someone I would look myself as....
½ May 27, 2007
Incredibly bad. None of the characters are likable. Julia's Southern accent comes and goes. And the movie goes on, and on, and on. Avoid at all costs.
May 26, 2007
I love this movie-and this cast! Kyra Sedgewick is a true gem!!! I can watch this one over and over. :0)
½ May 3, 2007
My favorite line from this is "lick it, stick a stamp on it, and send it to someone who gives a damn!"
March 13, 2007
This is good when you are at home sick and laying around. OR just to get a good laugh! Julia reminds me so much of me in this movie!
February 23, 2007
I like this movie but I was so frustrated that she didn't do more to get even..does she always have to be the nice one?
January 22, 2007
I love this movie and how the women in the family rally around one who is going through a tough time and the comedy that insues