Son of Paleface - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Son of Paleface Reviews

½ June 16, 2008
Much more funny than the original.
August 28, 2009
Younger folks probably wouldn't get the laughs from this movie that I do. An absolutely great example of good clean FUNNY, FUN.
August 4, 2007
This movie is hilarious!! I died laughing when I watched it with my friend Ann Blevins. (she also has a giggly laugh, that is soo fetch!)
½ May 19, 2007
Great sequel! Loved the reprised "Buttons and Bow" with Jane Russell and Roy Rogers! Bob's little quips are great! "When I was 12 oh what a joy! Mom told me I was a boy!"
May 18, 2015
It's a cartoon come to life, with Bob Hope's one-liners not that far from Daffy Duck's similarly witty repartee. Hope also finds himself subjected to a variety of slapstick situations and even drinks a cocktail that makes his head spin around and steam come out of his ears. Although this is a sequel to Paleface and features some of the same cast (outlaw Jane Russell, for example), director (formerly writer) Frank Tashlin takes things one step beyond (or more than one step beyond) the earlier film by making it insane. Roy Rogers and Trigger are along for the ride and somehow (in between all of the singing cowboy stuff), they supply a good deal of comedy - particularly Trigger. Do not take it lightly when I suggest that this is funny (in a Looney Tunes way) because I am sure you can easily imagine how crap this formula could be (a funny horse and Bob Hope - yeah right!). Hope plays the son of his former character (Painless "Paleface" Potter) who has returned to the West to seek his inheritance. But who cares about plot when absurdity rules?
½ January 28, 2013
Funny a lot of the time, hilarious at others, the weaknesses are really just the parts that don't hold up (I find anything that involves the antagonizing of native Americans awkward, whether comedy or not... and not many of the songs were providing or memorable...) but it is brought right back up by its moments that have you laughing. The fact that the effects are heavily dated just makes them even more hilariously spontaneous and amusing to watch. And is there anything that horse can't do?!?! 3.5/5