19% Transcendence Apr 18

Uh.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

November 5, 2011
"The Mask" is the absolute funniest film i've ever seen in my life. CGI enhanced the first film and made it even better then it already was. In this case, it makes this cash in plummet into the dirt. Everything about this film is painful and there are no redeeming features at all. The script is bad, the acting is bad, the characters are awful but worst of all. It's missing Jim Carrey and the physical comedy that made the original a golden comedy classic. Depressingly it is one of the worst films i've ever seen in my life.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 15, 2011
Horrible, in my Top 10 worst films ever, i hate, hate,hate this crap
Matt G

February 12, 2011
Oh my god haha this was such a terrible film. F
michael e.
michael e.

December 31, 2010
the only entertaining thing about this film is the Dog when he wears the mask and the ending duel between Loki and the dad with the mask on, other than that its a load of crap
aSpaceCowboy
aSpaceCowboy

November 27, 2010
1st commandment; Tex Avery's name shouldnot be disgraced

Well, that happned...

This movie tried to hard to bring laughs and it failed completely. Just a boring embarassment. This is more of a pinoff I think then a sequel to the 1994 The Mask and it strayed away more form the comics than the first. Seriously, this was just an excuse to through in as many cartoon and Looney Tunes references as possible. When humans are given cartoon-like qualities the outcome is immediately a disaster, well, in the case that it's an entire rip of an actuall cartoon. It felt like a straight to video movie, but they may be giving it a little too much credit.
Movie Monster
Movie Monster

October 3, 2010
When seeing the trailer in front of "The Polar Express" back in 2004, I noticed that there was no Jim Carrey. That fact did not kill me. I already expected that the film would have cartoony effects like the first. Did not see it in the theaters. I went to see "Pooh's Heffalump Movie" on the weekend this was released. I know, strange. And boy I was glad that I didn't see this. I enentually saw it on Cartoon Network (right TV channel to air this film on) and felt stupid throughout the entire broadcast. The jokes are not funny, the story is too simple-minded, and the effects were horrid. The first "Mask" movie was good because if Jim Carrey was spinning his legs around like a Looney Tune character, his face would not be computer-generated. But here, if the little baby is doing cartoony things, they horridly make his face all CGI. I am sorry for all those who were victims of the film's terribleness. Is that even a word? This movie is only to be seen by mental patients.
Richard C

July 31, 2010
horrible. one of the worst movies ive ever seen. dont see it. F
Lady D

October 19, 2006
Caught on tv, this film was a bit of a crazy watch. Whilst comparisons will inevitably be made to the first, there really is no competition of which film is the best (that's The Mask by the way). With that in mind, you have to take this film as a film in it's own right and whilst there were some amusing baby moments, "It's just too good to be true" will never quite sound the same ever again.

Worth watching if you're after a brainless, easy viewing film.
3niR
3niR

February 22, 2010
This was a stupid movie.
Luke B

February 6, 2010
What an absolutely atrocious film. It's just so annoyingly terrible that you can feel the anger rising within you. Everybody looks, and should be, ashamed to have taken part in this. The only person that manages to escape complete damnation is Bob Hoskins. The rules of the first film are thrown out, and the film strings together as many pointless scenes as it can. Without an actual plot, the middle of the film is filled with cartoon sketches of the dog and baby battling, and Alan Cumming acting creepy around babies. It's the majority of the film and it's painful to watch. Dancing CGI babies are simply horrible, and this film is filled with them. Here's hoping the poor and continuous CGI, floats to the bottom of shit creek.
Dean !

January 13, 2007
A big let down from the first. I got the impression this is aimed at a younger audience. The dog character is funny and animated baby some will like but otherwise not much to see here. Realized the main character is the guy from the video store in the Scream films!
KJ P

January 18, 2010
Only, because I am a huge fan of the mask do I like this movie! It's a very bad sequel, but anything made from the mask is cool to me! I thought this one was ridiculous, but enjoyable!
flixsterman
flixsterman

January 8, 2009
Crap, crap, crap, crap and crap. (Did I mention that this film is crap?)
Phil H

November 30, 2008
Total cgi mess with very predictable story and terrible effects, it looks bad, obvious and has an array of poor actors involved. It starts off alright but after about 10min its just gets worse and worse.
The whole baby mask thing is just scary and poor lookin and frankly freaks you out.
Alexander W

January 12, 2008
Very Outlandish and very funny if you know what children like
EightThirty .

November 30, 2007
Not bad, It was alright...the Mask is way better though ^_^
Lafe F

August 18, 2007
There's cute and funny special effects when the baby puts on the legendary mask of the Norse prankster god Loki - and becomes an amazing comic creature. There's some silly cartoonish action. Bob Hoskins is fun as the father god "Odin". Jamie Kennedy is fun as the baby's daddy. There's a dog putting on the mask too, so watch out! Mindless fun which doesn't seem to stop. Like candy, this movie is not nutritious to digest.
Red L

May 12, 2007
Another low quality sequel
deano
deano

January 4, 2007
Average comedy with lots of shape-shifting animation.