Sordid Lives Reviews

January 30, 2008
Very similar to the way things are at home in Mississippi for me!! hehe
½ June 7, 2009
Wonderfully bizarre.
½ March 3, 2010
Sheer campy fun, wonderful and perceptive performances all around, but for me, Beth Camp stood out and she very richly developed her character. Hysterically funny at times, very well written. I never understood why the critics generally panned this one, I thought it was a funny breath of fresh air.
December 30, 2009
Sissy Hickey (Beth Grant) is the sister of a woman who died recently and must deal with the death and quitting smoking. Brother Boy (Leslie Jordan) is a transvestite who believes himself to be a country/western singer and has been locked up for many years. G. W. Nethercott (Beau Bridges) drinks too much and cheats on his wife, Noleta Nethercott (Delta Burke). He was also indirectly responsible for the woman?s death, as she had been his mistress. The dead woman?s daughters, Lavonda (Ann Walker) and Latrelle (Bonnie Bedelia) fight over the funeral plans. Latrelle has a son, Ty Williamson (Kirk Geiger), who wanted to become an actor but has had to come home for the funeral.
December 29, 2008
One of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile; I KNOW people just like those depicted in this movie.
September 30, 2008
OK so I started watching the show and i love it! I found out there was a movie and I couldn't help but move it to the top of my must-see list. This movie was ok, they relied most on trailer park jokes. The show is 10 times better! Leslie Jordan is superb as Tammy Wynette is superb!
½ July 9, 2008
Very funny movie ! Delta is a scream, Beth Grant is so funny. Surprise role for Olivia Newton-John. You haver to see Leslie Jordan's Tammy Wynette!
April 18, 2007
Campy! Anyone who either grew up in the South, or with relatives there, and who is slightly "different" will relate
April 9, 2007
one of the greatest black comedies to come along in a while with a stellar cast ive never laughed so hard as i do at this movie
½ March 31, 2007
It's probably the only time I'll admit to liking a southern white-trash comedy, but dammit - this one might be worth it. Even though it has almost a Jerry Springer style acting and camera work - the story makes up for it. And if you are a southern gay boy (or have friends who are) then you can probably relate greatly to this movie.

Did I mention that it has some well known stars in it - half of the actors are "somebody" while the other half were from the original play.
October 23, 2006
"My fans...they're crazy..but they're loyal!"-Brother Boy on entertaining in the asylum(I cannot stress how funny this film is!!!! Delta Burke as trailer trash is reason enough to see this!)
November 15, 2014
At some levels this may seem to be a stupid comedy about rednecks but it is anything but. From being hilariously funny to being very heart felt and touching on so many levels it is a gem. The only parts I didn't like were the religious parts but overall the openness about sexuality, accepting people as they are whether they be cross dressers, nymphomaniacs, gay, adulterous or uptight and prudish gave this movie a message we should all take to heart. The part where some of the women have just watched Thelma and Louise and come dressed up in wigs and carrying guns to get revenge on some of the men is pure comic genius.
November 17, 2013
Campy and fun and so gay. Always a hoot...rent it and enjoy!
September 5, 2013
It's trashy. It's bawdy. And if you're from the South, you will say, "I know those people." Ok, it's a train-wreck but it's a funny train wreck and a guilty pleasure to watch, quote and dish.
October 9, 2012
Chock full of hilarious one-liners, and memorable performances from Olivia Newton John, Leslie Jordan, Beth Grant, Bonnie Bedelia, Delta Burke and Beau Bridges, this film is an instant gay cult classic. Del Shores brings the seedy life of Texas trailer park mavens to life. If you don't get it, then you probably weren't meant to.
January 13, 2012
Ús olivia ny˙tondzson Únekel!
December 3, 2011
Wacky Texas trailer trash comedy in no better taste than the lives of the subjects. Nice break from the politically correct and redeeming.
January 8, 2011
One of my all time favorite movies.
December 30, 2010
Pretty good, very slow at the beginning.
December 5, 2010
As a gay couple, despite the fact that it stereotypes and is not profound drama, we have visited Sordid Lives over and over. We find it an exaggerated reflection of so much in our experiences and culture; it is a chance to just enjoy a movie without endless analysis!