Sound and Fury - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sound and Fury Reviews

April 29, 2011
There is so much to be said about this documentary, but mostly I'm impressed by how frustrated, emotionally charged, exhausted, upset, and downright angry it could make me. Proof that decisions, no matter how logical they might seem, are always up for contention.
September 14, 2007
A difficult and engrossing debate. Once the film sets the audience up with some sense of understanding deaf culture, it's hard to stop watching the heated arguements.
½ April 10, 2013
I loved this documentary. It goes into the life of two related families who are both trying to decide whether their children should receive a cochlear implant. One family has two hearing parents (the mom was brought up by two deaf parents) who have twins and find out that one of them is deaf. While the other family has two deaf parents who have a daughter who asks them if she can receive an implant. While the movie itself can get very frustrating because you're only seeing one family circle where all the parents are putting their wishes on their children, it is so emotional and thought-provoking. For me, it was the first time that I was exposed to this idea of deaf culture and the deaf community. I really enjoyed the amount of emotion that this movie conveys, and I just wish it could've spread out this story to cover more than just these two families.
May 17, 2011
Lovely and enlightening.
April 1, 2011
Best documentary I've seen a long time...available instantly on Netflix.
½ August 23, 2009
A well made documentary about the Deaf community and the choice to give deaf children cochlear implants. It is so real and accurate that it produces an almost voyeuristic view into the much misunderstood deaf community.

I recommend this to any viewer as it elicited in depth conversations between my husband and I after finishing the film.