Speak Easily Reviews

½ September 3, 2010
somewhat funny, but towards the end it gets really boring, and it ends horribly.
February 13, 2012
A very large majority of Speak Easily is borderline painful in it's mediocrity and blandness. I like Buster Keaton, but I did not like his performance here. There may be a multiple of reasons why: it could just be his character is annoying, it could be the way that he (either Buster himself or his character) talks is annoying, or it could just be that Buster isn't fit for talkies. This IS the first talkie I've seen with him, so I don't want to generalize. But I just couldn't stand him. It's not a complete disaster because there are a few pretty funny gags that did make me laugh. If it weren't for those few great moments, this film would have been horrendous. But there are few. And even the best bits aren't that great. Sorry, Buster. But you did bad here.
October 8, 2006
6.5/10. Quite decent Buster Keaton feature length film, it's not up to his silent film standards, but it is very watchable. The plot sounded better than it turned out, but still worth a look.

Johnny Depp would be an awesome Buster Keaton in a movie bio.