71% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Spider Forest Reviews

DragonEyeMorrison
DragonEyeMorrison

March 6, 2009
Interesting premise, good start, but the story is told in the most cryptic way possible. Far from engaged i was a bit annoyed and hardly that interested in the characters.
Luke B

February 10, 2009
Purposefully confusing with a a scattered narrative that takes in flashbacks of events, flashbacks of stories, dreams and more. As the story unfolds it's obvious as to where it is going, but at least the journey is full of surprises and some fantastic scenery. It's a beautiful film in terms of look and how it slowly unravels. The script does an excellent job of creating empathy towards the characters and the symbolism is left for you to piece together yourself rather than too many blatant explanations.
Anthony V

May 17, 2008
Beautiful and haunting.
February 1, 2012
This was an interesting movie. A korean movie in the style of David Lynch. I think I understand what happened but then again....who knows, only the guys who write these will ever truely understand I think. Ok, it's a good movie and the shots were really good.
June 16, 2011
This was a decent little thriller that I re-watched recently, though I think I had to scale back my initial rating. I think the first time around I found this a bit more interesting on the 1st viewing due to the vaguely David Lynch feeling I found in the film, what with the mystery, the forest, etc., but upon another look I had to reevaluate a bit.

Give it a go, it has some nice pacing and the supernatural elements are well handled.

The film is very watchable and well worth a rental.
joyouskiss
July 12, 2007
A mystery thriller about a man with amnesia whom is tied to the cabin in spider forest for some reason. Suspenseful, a mite confusing as to what's past and present when it blends. Like memories are.
aelric99
January 21, 2007
not a bad little movie, if i do say so myself. and i do. borrowing a bit from other movies (i can't name which movies without giving away parts of the plot), this film in fact improves upon the flicks it draws from with a David Lynch kind of narrative. I've really been impressed with a lot of the cinema coming out of Korea lately, and this is no exception.
steve c

August 15, 2006
the delivery is pretty david lynch-esque, confusing with moments of beauty. i liked the cinematography in this movie more than Gam Woo-Sung's other releases.