Spirit Trap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spirit Trap Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
April 14, 2009
its weird really weird but an alright movie
½ April 12, 2007
An ok low budget film, thought might be a slasher but more of a ghost story.
nuheart
½ June 20, 2007
Oh, Billie. Billie, Billie, Billie, Billie, Billie. PLEASE tell me you didn't leave Doctor Who for THIS?
½ June 3, 2009
I've never actually fallen asleep during a horror movie before this one!
FanGirl
½ May 2, 2007
Run of the mill haunted house story. Nothing particuallary new or fresh but not a bad version of something familiar.
April 27, 2013
A well-made, decently acted British horror film, Spirit Trap taps into a lot of the early 20th-century beliefs about spiritualism in a way that is engaging and interesting if not entirely original.
November 25, 2011
It could have been good, unfortunately the timing was way off and the ending was a complete cop-out.
July 5, 2010
Run of the mill supernatural horror movie. Story is adequate but holds no surprises. The "reveal" is telegraphed from the beginning. Acting is okay; effects are not very special. Little tension is developed, and the R-rating comes mostly from drug usage and language. What little nudity there was did nothing for me. BUT, Billie Piper is in this, and I would watch her milk a goat and call it worthy entertainment.
December 16, 2007
The acting was ok I think the story. Loved the Planchet &* the Spirit Clock.. Wonder how one is made! (mmm Grandad made clocks? wonder if he can haunt our grandfather clock he made for us?!!?) Well I decided I?ll have to read up on those cause I never heard of them before.. anyway I was into the movie and turns out one of the Room ates wasn?t really! C
½ February 7, 2010
I'm a pretty big fan of Doctor Who so I was happy to find Billie Piper in this movie. But then I watched it. She seemed so wrong for the part and the rest of the cast were pretty miserable to watch. A very bland and boring ghost story that had potential but did not deliver.
April 20, 2009
I thought this was going to be a scary movie, but it wasn't. The story was kind of neat, but nothing incredibly unique.
February 27, 2009
lmao! i loved it. yes, the movie was horrible, but while watching it with my younger brother, we were laughing the whole time. just my dirty sense of humor. :)
½ January 27, 2009
This was definitely flawed all over the place and allot of things were stupid about it but I did watch it to the very end- so that is worth something.
September 19, 2008
What the? This movie was kinda stupid. So what a women kills herself to be with her lover but things don't work out and her lover gets tortured and his spirit get trapped in the house. That's about it, pretty much she wants to release him. this movie doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. not worth your time trust me.
½ February 18, 2008
not to bad.not gory,i liked it good actorsand a pretty good story.a little slow in places,not for everyone.
October 21, 2007
It's a relief to know that other countries make crappy horror films other than the US. In this case, Spirit Trap is English and it isn't very good. Slow moving and often times it is boring, hardly a worthwhile film.
½ April 17, 2014
Director David Smith apparently grew up on lies from childhood. It's not a spirit catcher, it's called a dream catcher and the witching hour is not midnight it's 3 am. I stopped watching it, didn't care. didn't want to hear anymore of David's Smith's false childhood. Learn to know your facts, before making a movie about things you don't know yourself.
½ January 16, 2014
Similar to House on Haunted Hill and The Haunting, a few college aged kids are sent to a mansion that happens to have a spirit in it. They find out they have all killed someone and they try keep the spirit from escaping. This could have been good, but it was a little too slow for me. Takes forever to get going and when it does, it really isn't that interesting.
September 9, 2013
An Atmospheric Supernatural Horror, Which Mixes Modern Filmmaking With The Classic Styled Horror. The Story Is Kind Of Predictable But When You Look At The Performance's, Direction And The Atmosphere, It's A Pretty Well Made Film & An Enjoyable One.
September 4, 2013
A promising start and a nice spooky-atmospheric house setting, but the story soon tails off into mediocrity.