20% The Identical Sep 05

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Spy Hard Reviews

Anthony L

September 24, 2009
Quite bad but it does have Mr T and Hulk Hogan in it and that?s what the star and a half is for!
Lafe F

July 15, 2007
Leslie Nielson does a funny James Bond spoof, which is actually better than some of the James Bond movies! I liked when he was attempting to sneak into someone's apartment, and ends up trashing the entire place.
Dean !

June 19, 2007
Another spoof starring Leslie Nielsen sending up Die Hard, Jame Bond and plenty of other action films. Will raise a few laughs but not the best spoof around.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 24, 2007
very funny spoof flick
Naughtia
Naughtia

May 14, 2010
If you dislike Leslie Nielsen movies you would certainly dislike this one as well. This movie is clearly made for all the Leslie Nielsen fans and I loved it. This movie was hilarious.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

February 27, 2010
Leslie Nielsen plays Dick Steele, Codename: Agent WD-40, who has to prevent arch enemy General Rancor (played by Andy Griffith) from destroying the world. Along the way he is assisted by the delectable and beautiful spy (Nicolette Sheridan). This leads up to the usual hilarious slapstick comedy that we've all come to expect from a Leslie Nielsen film. It is a parody of well known movies including some of my favorites James Bond, Pulp Fiction, True Lies and Die Hard and overall very enjoyable film.
DrLappos

chadroesti

February 27, 2007
Nice Beaver - wait thats the other one
January 23, 2013
If you're entertained by things like the main character's name being Dick Steele, Agent WD-40, you will be entertained by this film...or any sort of shiny object, no doubt. Whichever comes first.
January 11, 2013
Meh. Watched the whole thing without falling asleep, so I guess that's SOMETHING. Liked Weird Al's theme song at the beginning and end.
February 24, 2012
Don't even consider wasting your time on this movie. I love Leslie Nielsen from Police Squad, but this movie never even made me consider laughing once. Possibly the worst movie Nielsen has ever been in. Add Andy Griffith as a bad guy and the fate is sealed. 'Disappointed' would be putting it mildly. Move on.
January 20, 2012
It provides a few chuckles but it is a forgettable spoof that was not made with much thought or care. Leslie Nelson has perhaps dug his niche of spoof movies a little too deep. While he has great delivery and is well suited for spoofs, he has taken too many projects on that are not worthy of his talents and this is one of those projects. There is not much support for Nelson in terms of a good cast around him, good writing, or any other redeeming qualities. I did have a few laughs but not nearly enough to call it a success. Too many jokes miss their mark and fall flat. It fails to utilize the plot to make funny situations for the characters totally missing the opportunity for situational humor. I will give it extra credit for Weird Al Yankovicâ(TM)s opening credits and song, which may have been the high point.
kenscheck
September 21, 2011
Only funny some of the time. Leslie Nielson was once a dramatic actor. He never made enough cash so he became a slapstick comedy actor. At first it works..here is the beginning of the end of that working for him.
feldmandigital
October 9, 2007
One of the moderate spoofs of the 90's, but it stays focused as a parody instead of simply being full of product placement and fart jokes like nowadays.
July 28, 2009
for having the Friedberg-Seltzer name attached to it, this movie really wasn't all that bad. while it certainly doesn't have the charm of ZAZ comedies, it's still plentiful with over-the-top spoofs, slapstick, and sight gags. unfortunately despite a few laughs, most of the humour is pretty stale, overused, and uninspired (thank God there wasn't any product placement...). a few good cameos, though, and some of the jokes did actually work. for me, the highlight of this film will always be Weird Al's opening credits.
Ken D

July 14, 2009
A fairly funny movie that kept a smile on my face through out most of it. It looked like Andy Griffith was having a lot of fun with his role. Many other better spoofs out there, but this is still better than most made today.
Shane D

January 3, 2009
It seems that Leslie Nielson's airplane finally went down. Unfortunately his career died in the crash.
March 25, 2008
I was watching this on TV while working on photos. It is so dated and trying way too hard to be the Airplane of spy spoof movies. I remember seeing this in a theater and wasn't very impressed. It's enjoyable, but fits into the "if you've seen one, you've seen them all" syndrome that so many of Leslie Nielsen's post-Airplane projects turn out to be.
I was surprised that Stephanie Romanov was in Spy Hard .I know her best from Angel.
March 11, 2008
This unfortunately echoes of material that was left of the Naked Guns... for a good reason. I love Leslie Nielson movies usually, but this just falls flat to me. I couldn't enjoy it and almost felt the need to laugh out of politeness for the actors efforts.