Stephen King's It (1990)
Average Rating: 5.5/10
Reviews Counted: 11
Fresh: 7 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Nov 18, 1990 Wide
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 174,158
Originally titled Stephen King's It, this two-part TV movie first aired on November 18 and 20, 1990. The story starts in Maine, where a small child is lured into the hands of what audiences everywhere can be assured is one mean clown. The 30-year struggle against an evil supernatural force that masquerades as a circus clown named Pennywise (Tim Curry) begins in 1960 and spans until 1990. Featured are a group of six young men and one young woman who call themselves "the lucky seven" and are the
Nov 18, 1990 Wide
Aug 24, 2004
Warner Home Video
Watch It Now
Bill Denborough (age 12...
Eddie Kaspbrak (age 12)
Richie Tozier (age 12)
Beverly Marsh (age 12)
The first half is terrifying -- or was when I was younger. The second half has a bad special effect spider.
Effective TV adaptation of King's novel
As made-for-TV horror, it lacks real bite, but still has a fine unsettling atmosphere. And let's face it: clowns are REALLY scary.
- Pennywise: I'll kill you all! Aha, I'll drive you crazy, and I'll kill you all! I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I am your worst dream come true! I am everything you ever were afraid of!
- Eddie Kaspbrak (age 12): What if it's just some crazy guy in a clown suit?
- Pennywise: Well I'm Pennywise... and you're Georgie... so I guess we know each other now!
- Pennywise: Kiss me fat boy!
- Pennywise: Hi Georgie, [pennywise appears] I said Hello. [Georgie gets surprised] Oh, come on puckle, don't you want a baloon.
- Pennywise: Hahahahahaha say hello to your friends Beverly! Hahaha you'll die if you try to fight us! You'll die if you try!
There are no discussion threads for Stephen King's It yet.
Latest News on Stephen King's It
March 13, 2009:Stephen King's It Heads to Theaters
Warner Bros. is developing a big-screen adaptation of Stephen King's "It," and has hired Dan...