Stitches - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stitches Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ July 13, 2013
Stitches is a fun and entertaining horror comedy that is quite refreshing. However it's not without its flaws. The thing that really stands out about the film is the kill sequences that are quite original and fun. If you are terrified of clowns, then this film is the one to watch. Clowns have always been a unique subject in terms of horror and, let's face it, they're creepy. This is an amusing twist on the traditional clown tale, and it is quite the original take on standard clown movies. The kill sequences are the best aspect of the movie and will certainly appeal to genre fans. The film at times just fall short, but overall this is a decent film worth seeing and is far better than most big budget films that we've seen so far. The performances here work well for the material, and Ross Nobel is a great choice for the lead role. Films like this are what's needed in the horror genre because they're original, creative and worth seeing due to their ideas and concepts. If you want to watch something refreshing in the genre, Stitches is that film. Taking a creepy clown concept and turning it around to reinvent something that we've been scared of for years. The film may be imperfect and ranges from decent to good, but is a far better movie than most in the genre nowadays. Give it a shot; you may be surprised by how good it really is. The film may have its fair share of imperfections, but is a fun ride from start to finishes. This is one of the most memorable clown movies since Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
September 8, 2012
It becomes too ridiculous at times and the plot is filled with clichà (C)s, but man were those death scenes awesome! Ross Noble's presence helped too.
July 29, 2013
Stitches is a funny little black comedy that could really use some better actors. This rare Irish gem had some good moments but it's not well polished and the actors are all way over-aged. Basically another film that makes not want to have any kids of my own, ever.
½ April 4, 2015
The concept of the movie was pretty cool but the way it was executed was poorly done. Had Stitches (the evil clown) been scarier, this movie would have been way better. The actors overall were nothing great in this one, I wasn't impressed. It's still not a bad movie but it's one that can easily be forgotten...
½ October 17, 2014
Stitches is a funny homicidal, back from the dead clown. He has deadly hilarious antics. Besides Stitches the character, Stitches the movie is lacking in all other areas.
½ August 7, 2013
This Irish gem had me standing to clap as the credits rolled. It's just another slasher with gallons of blood flying around, but it's an instant classic. It's kind of like Saw in how you sit back and wonder just how the next poor victim will bite it. {Slight Spoiler Alert} We have an umbrella through the head and out the eye socket, a head opened with a can opener, and my favorite, by far, the intestine balloon animal. I'm also glad I got to see this because I learned something that might come in handy on Jeopardy one day. I had no idea that clowns were made of egg. Extra half star for the tricycle scene! 4.5 BIG stars for the genre to quality correlation.
May 21, 2013
Funny and extremely brutal, Stitches is perhaps a little too over-the-top at times, but it is a definite must watch for slasher and horror fans. Twisted and gory with a perhaps too liberal dose of pitch-black humor, Stitches is entertaining horror fare that doesn't quite reach the level it could have.
½ April 20, 2013
Unabashedly silly horror flick about an undead Killer Clown out for revenge for his untimely death. It's as ridiculous as it sounds, yet gets more mileage out of its premise than one would think - mostly due to a 30-minutes stretch that has a sort of manic energy that keeps it compulsively watchable. Sadly it's not enough to keep the entire running time totally involving. Props for the large use of practical effects over cheap CGI. Can't say that Stitches The Clown will be this generations Freddy Kruger, but it's good for what it is.
½ April 13, 2013
A bit sophomoric in its overall bawdiness, but the death scenes make the movie. Stiches' kills are so inventive and goofy you can't help but smile.
½ June 4, 2015
A black comedy with great homage to slasher movies. Not much overdo in cgi, with a lot of practical gore effects in the spectacular death scenes. An enjoyable movie all around.
½ March 17, 2015
Bastante bestia. Esta bien que no se tome en serio a si misma, ya que la hace mas entretenida dentro de lo mala que es
½ April 27, 2015
Really funny...but too long.
½ February 26, 2015
ok for what it is basically a modern day killer klownz from out of space
October 13, 2014
The central cast and build around the high school relationships and drama was fantastic and fun. I actually cared when characters died. The biggest drawback is that underwhelming performance of the villain and the forced gross-out humor. Removing the violence, there is something charming to be found here, it just goes back and forth.
October 9, 2014
I think It's a hilarious parody of typical "horror" movie films we see today. The corny one liners after someone gets killed jabs at the predictability of the typical slasher.
September 29, 2014
A fun silly killer clown movie.
July 6, 2014
asquerosamente divertida
½ July 28, 2014
A bloody funny good time.