—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

Stitches Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

July 13, 2013
Stitches is a fun and entertaining horror comedy that is quite refreshing. However it's not without its flaws. The thing that really stands out about the film is the kill sequences that are quite original and fun. If you are terrified of clowns, then this film is the one to watch. Clowns have always been a unique subject in terms of horror and, let's face it, they're creepy. This is an amusing twist on the traditional clown tale, and it is quite the original take on standard clown movies. The kill sequences are the best aspect of the movie and will certainly appeal to genre fans. The film at times just fall short, but overall this is a decent film worth seeing and is far better than most big budget films that we've seen so far. The performances here work well for the material, and Ross Nobel is a great choice for the lead role. Films like this are what's needed in the horror genre because they're original, creative and worth seeing due to their ideas and concepts. If you want to watch something refreshing in the genre, Stitches is that film. Taking a creepy clown concept and turning it around to reinvent something that we've been scared of for years. The film may be imperfect and ranges from decent to good, but is a far better movie than most in the genre nowadays. Give it a shot; you may be surprised by how good it really is. The film may have its fair share of imperfections, but is a fun ride from start to finishes. This is one of the most memorable clown movies since Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
Liam G

September 8, 2012
It becomes too ridiculous at times and the plot is filled with clichà (C)s, but man were those death scenes awesome! Ross Noble's presence helped too.
Sylvester K

July 29, 2013
Stitches is a funny little black comedy that could really use some better actors. This rare Irish gem had some good moments but it's not well polished and the actors are all way over-aged. Basically another film that makes not want to have any kids of my own, ever.
August 7, 2013
This Irish gem had me standing to clap as the credits rolled. It's just another slasher with gallons of blood flying around, but it's an instant classic. It's kind of like Saw in how you sit back and wonder just how the next poor victim will bite it. {Slight Spoiler Alert} We have an umbrella through the head and out the eye socket, a head opened with a can opener, and my favorite, by far, the intestine balloon animal. I'm also glad I got to see this because I learned something that might come in handy on Jeopardy one day. I had no idea that clowns were made of egg. Extra half star for the tricycle scene! 4.5 BIG stars for the genre to quality correlation.
May 21, 2013
Funny and extremely brutal, Stitches is perhaps a little too over-the-top at times, but it is a definite must watch for slasher and horror fans. Twisted and gory with a perhaps too liberal dose of pitch-black humor, Stitches is entertaining horror fare that doesn't quite reach the level it could have.
April 20, 2013
Unabashedly silly horror flick about an undead Killer Clown out for revenge for his untimely death. It's as ridiculous as it sounds, yet gets more mileage out of its premise than one would think - mostly due to a 30-minutes stretch that has a sort of manic energy that keeps it compulsively watchable. Sadly it's not enough to keep the entire running time totally involving. Props for the large use of practical effects over cheap CGI. Can't say that Stitches The Clown will be this generations Freddy Kruger, but it's good for what it is.
April 13, 2013
A bit sophomoric in its overall bawdiness, but the death scenes make the movie. Stiches' kills are so inventive and goofy you can't help but smile.
July 28, 2014
A bloody funny good time.
July 10, 2014
Ross Noble is great as Stitches, he's clearly having fun with his role. The teens are all pretty decent. While this isn't going to be a classic film ( a cult classic, maybe), it's still tons of super-gory, super-silly fun.
Angelo Dean
July 6, 2014
2.5 Stars! The acting is so poor. Very very poor.
June 18, 2014
Quite funny and the death scenes were cool.
June 17, 2014
Little rough around the edges, but there are some really great gags and awesome direction. Exactly what a horror comedy should be!
June 16, 2014
(A horror film that could've been good but went in the wrong direction)
Stitches is a horror film that is predictable and boring all throughout the film. It starts out gory and ends gory as well. There's a great scary saying in the movie which is: Is everybody Happy? It could've been another classic in my opinion. But it was in the hands of the wrong filmmakers. The director is Conor McMahon the writers are himself and David O'Brian. These guys have no talent what so ever in film. They might as well go back to film school and learn the craft over again if this is the genre they wish the purse for their filmmaking career. This film is complete crap and it's crap for a reason. I only watch films that are terrible so I can review them and save other movie-goers from their misery. I felt bored and I had to put up with lame special effects and bad acting. Not only that but the storyline was only good for the beginning, I would say the first thirty minutes then afterwards once it's showtime it all goes downhill from there. I wonder who in their right minds like to make these types of films. It failed and I don't blame our fellow film-goers this time. This is an original film and they tried their best. Sadly their best wasn't good enough. My suggestion is to avoid this movie. You'll feel pain when you watch it and you'll feel like your life is being wasted. If you like to fall sleep quickly and want to see only blood and guts, then this is the horror film for you. If you want quality scares and a great story then skip it. Stitches is not worth a first watch unless you're a movie reviewer or movie critic.
May 29, 2014
Stitches The Clown is quite the entertainment. But besides him, this movie pretty much sucked.
May 16, 2013
Lots of good, gory fun with a surprisingly capable cast. Very mean spirited but if you are in the mood for shockingly un-PC slasher, you can't do much better than this one.
May 15, 2014
I can't accept that silly work...
April 7, 2014
So bad it's good. I couldn't stop laughing.
February 15, 2014
fairly entertaining slasher with some funny stuff too.