38% The Other Woman Apr 25

—— Suburgatory: Season 3

Storage 24 Reviews

Dean !

March 11, 2013
Disappointing film, when I saw the trailers I thought it could've been one of those rare low budget gems......but it's just not very interesting and apart from Noel Clarke the acting is rather poor as well. Didn't think the alien creature design was the best either. It's a missed opportunity.
themoviewaffler.com
themoviewaffler.com

July 2, 2012
The only difference between this low budget chiller and a SyFy channel production is that it features the old school technique of a stuntman in a rubber monster suit rather than a dodgy CG creation. I applaud the decision and it is a pretty impressive costume but otherwise this is just your standard spam in a cabin flick. The usual group dynamic cliches are on display. Clarke has been dumped by Campbell-Hughes who is conducting an affair with his best mate O'Donoghue. You won't need to be a genius to figure out how this plotline will resolve itself.
When a movie of this type has a formulaic script it relies on it's set-pieces. In Roberts' hands they fall flat, the kills are particularly dull and uninventive. Most characters meet their fate by being simply pulled off screen. A "family" movie like "Jurassic Park" is far more gruesome in this respect. In an attempt to liven up the dialogue scenes which make up most of the running time, he shakes his camera and shoves it in his actors faces. A master of suspense he's not.
The uninspired script is written by the film's leading man Clarke. In the past half decade he's become something of a young British Roger Corman, churning out movies as a writer, director and actor. They usually tend towards an urban London aesthetic and I've avoided them for this reason. Perhaps he should stick to gritty dramas set on council estates as horror movies set in storage facilities don't seem to be his thing.
Jason C

March 30, 2014
Storage 24 is a pretty slow horror/sci-fi thriller. I would never expect much from a movie like this, and I got about what I anticipated. They had a good young cast. The idea was good. The ending, after everything that went on, was good. But the story went too long without there becoming any sense of urgency. It was set up properly, but lost its way and couldn't keep an interesting pace. The FOUR writers (that's a lot and will lead to inconsistencies) worried too much about character development. The kills were all about the same, not a whole lot of suspense. If you're bored and want to kill an hour and 30 minutes, you could do worse than Storage 24. You could do a lot better also.
David S

October 7, 2012
The alien monster looks pretty effective (kind of like the '82 'The Thing') and the gory deaths are done well but I didn't find myself warming to ant of the characters (except for the old man who was living in the storage unit) and therefore didn't care about their fates. I applaud the fact that a low budget British movie has attempted to produce a horror/sci-fi film that is trying to compete with an American market but the charcters are sketched too thin, the plot is predictable (it's clear which characters are going to die and which survive) and the limited budget has meant that some obvious scene are missing (where is the scene with the alien taking Campbell-Hughes?). The set-up at the end suggests a sequel that will never be made with this budget and I can't say I'm bothered. Extra brownie points for the toy dog with fireworks strapped to it. I laughed at that scene!
September 16, 2013
Okay, I caught this via some preview thing on HDNet movies, so I may be more forgiving than I would had I saw it theatrically, but it's still a pretty middle of the road horror film at best. They do one thing right in that you don't see a lot of the creature and when you do it's an actual beast, not CGI, which is preferable.

Rental?
April 11, 2013
A well-made and somewhat original horror film, Storage 24 just never quite gripped me with its tale of people taking refuge in a storage building facility during some kind of international crisis. The film never feels as claustrophobic as its setting should suggest, and the horror just never quite connects on a visceral level. Still, Storage 24 is a well-made and modestly entertaining horror film for those looking for something new to watch.
March 8, 2013
I saw it Bad movie . You know who and what the Alien is and it look sad. look like my kids did it.
not what I was look for but I pay to see it I like to get my money but .. LOL
Jason C

March 30, 2014
December 15, 2013
One line summary: Five Londoners get stuck in a storage facility with a monster.

-----------------------------

A few people are at a storage facility when odd things start happening. One man looks out at his car to see that a large turbine engine has fallen on it. One theory is that a jet broke up in the sky and the pieces crashed.

Mark and Charley drive to the storage, and just barely get in. Charley is sad about the break up with Shelley. Shelley and her friend Nikki are at the storage. The maintenance engineer manages to screwup the circuitry of the gates on the storage just before the monster kills him. So no one can get out right away, or any time soon.

Shelley does not want to talk to Charley, and is having an affair with Mark. Charley and Nikki are both surprised, and not in a good way. Soon enough they know they are trapped, and that something murderous is in there with them. Also present are Chris, from earlier in the day, and David, who more or less lives in the storage facility.

When the monster breaks through the door that they counted on to protect them, Chris runs and gets killed by the monster. David shows them his setup for getting multiple newscasts. The military is all over the place in London.

The five (Charley, Mark, Shelley, Nikki, David) who remain send Charley and Mark to traverse the ventilation tubes to steal weapons ('acquire' I suppose) from storage lockers not rented by them. That goes well until the monster blocks Charley; he gets separated from Mark.

Will any of them get out alive? Will the authorities come to the rescue, what with tanks patrolling the streets of London?

-----Scores------

Cinematography: 6/10 The monster was a classic main-in-the-rubber suit, but not all that well done. Camera work was fine.

Sound: 7/10 If one gets the volume for conversation to be correct, the bump in the night sounds are enormously too loud.

Acting: 4/10 Antonia Campbell-Hughes, Laura Haddock, and Noel Clarke were just terrible. Colin O'Donaghue was barely OK, while Ned Dennehy was the best.

Screenplay: 5/10 Short on plot as well as short on acting to implement the plot. The stupid man-in-rubber-suit monster just turned me off to the story almost as much as the acting. When the monster does not get killed by the fireworks, I'm not surprised, but why was the nearby Shelley OK?
J.W
March 4, 2013
Loaded with enough jump scares to make you fall off your seat, Storage 24 is a brilliant hidden gem British horror movie, and it certainly scared the living daylights out of me, no film has done this in quite a while. I'm sure everybody loves a good alien flick, and Storage 24 is a brilliant choice for anyone looking for one. The special effects are fantastic, the moment you see the Alien you're jaw will drop, it doesn't look fake and cheap, it looks like something you'd see in a expensive Hollywood sci-fi, and it adds to the riveting suspense and unbearable tension that hangs in the atmosphere of this exciting sci-fi. There's also a lot of gore which is definitely not for the faint hearted. It isn't without flaws though, the pace stalls in the middle where the story focuses on the guy living in his storage space, for some reason all aspects from acting and dialogue weakens here. Aside from that niggle the soundtrack is haunting, and the constant heartbeat effect makes this claustrophobic adventure teeth gritting. Recommended!
September 23, 2013
Apart from being one of the worst monster I've seen, this movie is boring and predictable. And did that woman wash her hands before touching her hair!
August 29, 2013
Director Johannes Roberts has a few genuinely good ideas about this film, but they just don't translate in this movie. The story between the characters was fairly enticing and the creature design inspires, but the rest was just lazy. The dramatic chase and fighting sequences were so dull that the most exciting parts of this film were the interactions between the main characters. With a setting as full of possibilities as a storage unit, I excepted much more from this film. Bottom line, this is a bad, bad movie, but it has a few bright spots other filmmakers can learn from.
June 8, 2013
A straight-up (and enjoyable) monster movie that doesn't pull any punches, but leaves wanting just a little bit more.
Emma W.
May 29, 2013
The effects looked like something from doctor who and the clichés never really stopped. Really all it is is a low-budget, British-made creature feature. But if you are looking for a quiet night in in front of the TV then by all means give it a go.
May 12, 2013
The movie is not very well thought out, and it suffers from bizarre tonal shifts, bad acting, lame dialogue, and a completely boring and uneventful first half. The second half has some scenes that may catch the horror/comedy fan's interest, but it's not shocking or funny enough, and the fact that you have to suffer through the monotony of the first half is pretty egregious.
FilmGrinder S.
May 8, 2013
How many times have you heard this one: "It a rip-off of ALIEN!"

Nice creature suit.
AndysFilms
May 4, 2013
Noel Clarke first came to my notice playing Mickey Smith in Dr Who back in the mid noughties (around 2005). He had done quite a lot of stuff beforehand, but this introduced him to a much wider audience. I have watched his progress over the years; going into writing, producing and directing; all with some degree of success. It was on the strength of his past works that I decided to give this one a look; he came up with the original idea. So what did I think?... Well I'll tell you after this very brief summary.

A military plane crashes in London putting the capitol on high alert. It causes widespread disruption with power outages and all kinds of problems with electrical systems. A group of people find themselves trapped in a storage facility when the fail-safe system kicks in and the automatic shutters come down. They are: Charlie (Noel Clarke) who has just split up with Shelley (Antonia Campbell-Hughes); her best friend, Nikki (Laura Haddock), Charlie's best friend, Mark (Colin O'Donoghue) and Chris (Jamie Thomas King), who I think may have been going out with Nikki, but it's not made all that clear. The trouble is, there's something trapped in there with them... Something that came off that plane; something that's really not happy.

Quite well made with some nice creature effects, but I'm afraid it has little else in its favour. Yes, there are a few 'jump out of your skin' moments, but it really doesn't do anything we haven't seen before. For me, they revealed far too much of the creature far too soon; for horror to work well, it needs to be in the shadows. It's what the audience doesn't see that scares them; the imagination is a very powerful thing if manipulated correctly. The performances were all decent enough although nobody really stood out. On the plus side the running time was nice and short and the pace was kept pretty high throughout. Oh, and I have to admit, I love the ending!... Sadly not quite enough for it to get my recommendation though.

SteelMonster's verdict: NOT RECOMMENDED

My score: 5.6/10
October 26, 2012
Cheep but very cheerful Brit Sci Fi flick, worth a look.
April 4, 2013
We loved it, specially the small little touches & the twist s & turns ...found that the characters were believable and had just pure & simple loads of fun.
March 10, 2013
Six people become trapped in a storage facility with a deadly alien creature hot on their trail in STORAGE 24. STORAGE 24 commits high treason against Horror fans by sticking to a bland and predictable storyline that rarely strays from modern convention. Not one of its unlikeable characters ever come close to resembling a hero, as we are left to suffer through their petty drama in the hopes that each of them will be soon be dispatched. Johannes Roberts fails to inject any energy or suspense in to the picture, with the minimal amounts of action being weighed down by each dialog-heavy (but substance-free) scene. The only minor success is in the creature design, itself, whose sinewy, insect-like appearance scores a few points for originality. Otherwise, STORAGE 24 is a downright boring viewing experience that fails to elicit any form of response in the viewer.

-Carl Manes