Movies Like The Story of Us

The Story of Us Reviews

TheGame90
TheGame90

December 11, 2008
Hey...If I want relationship trouble I'll get a wife and start picking on all that she does. Pfeiffer was good though.
deano
deano

February 18, 2007
Director Rob Reiner's somber study of the collapse of a 15-year marriage probably wasn't intended to be so depressing. In using a continual flashback/flashforward style of storytelling, he ends up putting too much emphasis on the bickering between heartbroken mates and not enough on their early years of love and harmony. This lack of balance mars what might have been a touching, involving movie.
Keysha H

September 23, 2007
I love this film. Rob Reiner rocks. The story winds as a couple grows apart and somehow back together. Seems to show a true version of love and all that comes with it.
Jason S

February 26, 2007
This wasn't all that good.
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
Willis and Pfeiffer are brilliant.
Todd S

October 28, 2007
The Story of Us is one of those movies, where the title tells you everything you need to know about the movie. I am by no means a fan of these sappy romantic comedies, however I do sometimes go out of my comfort zone for a movie that has a great cast. Bruce Willis is easily one of my favorite actors and having seen almost everything he's done, I rented this. What can I say? It's the story about meeting your soul mate, getting married, and the ups & downs associated with family life. There are no surprises and there is nothing special here. I didn't find the movie particularly funny and even at 96 minutes, it still felt very long. If you're into these sappy romantic comedies, you might like it, you might not. I was just indifferent too it. The Story of Us didn't impress me, but I didn't hate it either.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

October 3, 2010
Ben and Katie Jordon (Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer) are a couple who after 15 years of being married to each other, are trying to figure out what has gone wrong in his marriage. They want to separate, but decide to stick around for the sake of their children. While their kids are away at summer camp, they reflect over how they met each other in flashback and present day and the good and bad times they had. Close friends of the couple (Rita Wilson, Rob Reiner) chime in with their observations. When all is said and done, will the couple uncover any reasons to stay together?
Erin C

June 11, 2014
A bit slow-moving, but it was unique. There are movies with similar plots, but none done quite like this one. It was very believable and real.
Sunil J

April 25, 2008
Wow. An emotional whirlwind that hit every romantic bone in my body.
Lee K

March 10, 2008
not bad , alot better then i thought it would be
iLeo
iLeo

April 12, 2007
A favorite.
July 14, 2013
Besides a great movie for troubled spouses, this shows how a history established is so important. Forget the reviews. Although I would have preferred another actor besides Bruce Willis, this was well worth the watch!
fmercury39
October 29, 2009
One of the worst excuses for a movie in the past twenty years. The acting is phoned in. The script is dreadful. The plot is boring. Do not waste your time with this stinker.
latinorick71
April 7, 2009
this movie I have to say is really well done and fun. do yourself a favor and watch it with the one you love
March 16, 2007
It doesn't matter where I start the film at by the middle of the "Chow Funs" conversation I'm bawling along side Michelle Pfeiffer.
wettka
October 9, 2008
i loved the journey this movie takes you on...it show love isn't easy...you have to make a choice...is it worth it?
April 17, 2008
I didn't know I had seen this on tv already, but I actually have and didn't know what it was called, lol. I bought the movie and watched it last night and I can relate to alot of it, but their story ended better than most!
jmt1731
March 6, 2008
I love this movie - if you're fighting with your man and watch this - I guarantee you will forgive him for whatever stupid thing he's done.
AmberNicole99
February 6, 2008
This movie is very good! There were parts in it that made me so mad and then parts where I just wanted to cry like a baby! The story is awesome.. about all the trials and tributes that couples go through. I totally recommend this movie.
ishki
January 26, 2008
I was kind of unsure of this movie when i saw it on showtime , but once I started watching it , i could not stop -- very good and true to life (i believe) Easily could be added to my favorite list