Straight Talk Reviews

September 6, 2010
An okay romantic comedy with Dolly Parton and James Woods, who are a strange pair to have in a movie together in the first place. I saw this on TV a while ago, and it's a typical story. It's kinda funny at least, but overall, nothing special.
sanjurosamurai
January 29, 2007
decent but not worth your time
November 13, 2009
I love this movie!!! Dolly Parton is a winner in this hilarious comedy.
May 7, 2008
Kind of funny and cute as mindless movies go. Takes place in one of those parallel universes that resemble our own but people somehow never really have to deal with consequences AT ALL.
iLeo
½ December 25, 2007
Great!
November 13, 2009
This is indeed predictable, Dolly Parton can't act, but she has such a charming personality it doesn't really matter. I enjoyed the film, in spite of it's obvious flaws, thank mostly to the presence of Parton. Great score, good use of Chicago locales.
April 28, 2007
I am not a Dolly fan but I like this movie.
James Woods is good in this movie. I love how I feel bad for his character, than I hate his character, and end up loving him.
½ April 27, 2007
I have long been a Dolly Parton fan. She is outstanding in this film, and keeps you on the verge of laughing out loud on a constant basis. GOOD film. Take your grandma, your dog, cat, junior, and your Mom. Leave Dad at home.
August 13, 2006
This movie is one of my all-time favorites! The story is great, and the romance is portrayed beautifully. I'd love to see a sequel!
½ July 7, 2013
Strait Talk is a decent film. It is about a woman who ditches her small town life for big city Chicago, where she becomes a sensation as a radio show host. Dolly Parton and James Woods give good performances. The screenplay is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Barnet Kellman did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the romance and humor.
June 13, 2013
A workable story-line from a script with potential had it matured before being produced. May keep your attention and give you enough laughs for at least one viewing.
½ January 18, 2013
It's a comedy from 1992. It's bad, but a watchable bad.
July 16, 2012
Dolly Parton's best! This is a cracker jacker full of laughter, it entertains your mind and your heart forget DR.Phil. Ms.Dolly is now the love expert. when finding a job becomes a hassle, depserate Dolly applys for a Disc Jockey postion and walks out as the new Doctor Love for radio. People love her because shes sensible, relative and not giving the 411 thats out of Psychiatry books. Straight talk gives it to you rather then beating around the bush. Great comedy-chick flick.
March 24, 2012
"I'll tell you where I trained, I trained at Screw You!"
½ April 30, 2009
great movie!

I just wish that it were longer!
October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.
April 14, 2004
I hate to rate and run...but madd props where props were given. I really really dislike rating Passion of the Christ, since no other movie can hold a candle to it...and it wasn't filmed for 'entertainment purposes' but rather, for the sake of the message. Really, no other movie compares...I did it for statistical purposes; although, I feel certain someone will blast me regardless. Whatever, though. I've made my disclaimer...and now Lauren is off to sleepy land...where she should have been an hour ago.

Peas and Hominy