64% Hercules Jul 25

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

StreetDance 2 Reviews

Hamee
March 1, 2014
This was not the best street dance competition movie that I have seen, The characters and the plot were all simple and predictable. The dance numbers were not all that impressive. Of course the crew you want to win comes out victorious, but sometimes that just isn't enough to satisfy.
January 5, 2014
Normally I can tell whether a movie is good or bad or either way but needs improvement but it's been a very long time since a movie hit me with mixed feelings and this one did so in the face. I knew from the poster I was going to come out with a complicated bag of mixed emotions. Let me explain why. The story begins with Ash played by Falk Hentschel who is a top streetdancer being kicked out and humiliated by his American dance crew Invincible named after the leader Vince played by Anwar Burton. Eager to win, he meets Eddie from the first movie played by George Sampson who suggests to make a crew more different than ever by assembling streetdancing individuals from around Europe for the tournament in Paris. With only eight weeks to spare, Ash and Eddie find as many people as they can including Steph from the first movie too, what a shock, played by Stephanie Nguyen. With the crew assembled in Paris, they have an idea that they will have a Latin twist in their dance routine but they don't know how. Until Ash and Eddie meet salsa dancer Eva played by Sofia Boutella, they realise this is their only hope to beat Invincible. You see where the problem is? While the idea is good, the structure just sucks. Why they didn't bring the characters from the first film and create a more challenging, creative film instead of this boring, cliched one is beyond me. Did I also mention that the whole team of Breaking Point from the first film have broken up somehow? The reason why the first movie was good was that it combined the two elements it was going with and did it well. Here it jumps back and forth between its main context which is streetdance and this new dancing they introduce and it becomes too silly and too cliched. Yes the first movie was cliched but it challenged its audience and was more creative with its plot. This movie was predictable and silly. There were times where I was watching the film wandering "Wha?" "Huh?" "Eh?" "What is going on?" because it made no sense and I even went "No please don't!" a few times because those scenes were just too silly. StreetDance 2 gets a 5/10.
anomaly
January 16, 2013
While dance movies tend to leave good acting and well written scripts on the back burner, some are still entertaining with the right amount of charisma [Step Up], Street Dance 2 doesn't even have that though. Hilariously awful in every way imaginable.
December 2, 2012
for my first UK dance fill it was nice the cast was very different (one girl looked like gaga). the casting and plot line was good.
krizza m.
November 16, 2012
It was enjoyable. The girl was pretty!
October 31, 2012
The worst movie i have watched in a long time!
August 26, 2012
Lebih berkarakter. Aku suka dance-nya.
August 11, 2012
Surprisingly not a bad show. The story is incredibly thin but the acting was satisfactory which is more than I could say for other dance movies. As for the dancing, the show has some good dance sequences but I am afraid the American dance films got them beat when it comes to choreography.
August 7, 2012
Already watched the street dance + ballet before ?? now try this street dance + latinos style... ~
August 2, 2012
Not like the stomp the yard, step up but still beautiful pose to see :-D
July 28, 2012
Not as many street sequences and not as emotionally charged or personal as the first one. Story is more generic and extremely predictable: first one's dancing and story were much better, but the attempt to try something different and the fact that it rivaled some of the step up movies gives this some credit
May 5, 2012
This is good but please no more 3d for this thing.
July 17, 2012
1 and a half stars is me trying to be nice. I gave it the best rating I possibly could for a genre I hate, just because it wasn't disastrous. If you like this genre, then this one is for you. Otherwise, avoid at all costs.
June 2, 2012
If it wasn't for Sofia Boutella, and some other very talented dancers and cool moves, this movie is an absolutely 0. Horrible acting (especially from "Ash"), horrible plot, lame lines, zero character/relationships development. Ash is the most boring and unappealing character you could ever have. Why would he be the leading role and the crew's leader when we can't even see a glimpse of his enthusiasm, charm, or talents? Hope Sofia can star in better movies later that can really show off her good acting and amazing talents. A 10 year old could have written this script.
May 19, 2012
Of course, the plot is soooo bland, say, no story at all (that actually what I was expecting tho). But if you're kinda ppl like to watch street dance, this film is just for you and do not care the critics... Anyway, I was freaking out.. Sofia (the leading actress) looks sooooo much like my friend..
May 15, 2012
Good music, Good dancing but others bad -_-
May 14, 2012
just like another creep dance movie that doesn't give a sh*t in plot and story
May 2, 2012
It is a Simple and old-school story but a joyful and relxing experience, like a mini holiday. There are no suprises in the movie. However, If you want to feel the move of salsa+streetdance and the street views of Paris, you should try this. It will make you craving for dancing with the hot music, till the very end.
Carlton M Raines
April 7, 2012
boring, this should have been a tv movie, no real story , just very annoying characters
April 24, 2012
The impressive dance performances can't save this awfully written and poorly acted movie from failing. Instead, just watch ABDC or any free dance program on TV ; you'll reach the same amount of entertainment for much cheaper.