• R, 1 hr. 36 min.

88% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
44% Working the Engels: Season 1

Stuck in Love Reviews

July 7, 2014
If you love The Fault in Our Stars, you will love this. Ignore the movie title because it didn't do justice how great the movie is.

This movie is about novel writers. Since this is an original work, I find this very ironic that this is a movie about novel writers.

But it doesn't matter, because I love this movie.

Josh Boone, who also directed The Fault in Our Stars, did a good job directing this movie and i loved how it was filmed.

I love the cast performances in this movie. I never thought I would recognize most of these famous actors to participate in this indie movie. They played their characters so well that I forgot it's just a bunch of actors just playing their roles.

The character development was well done and it affected the overall plot of the movie. This made me care about the characters so much and it gave me the feels as a result.

The balance of the narration of the movie is fair enough. This movie isn't quite teenager-y while also this movie isn't quite adult-ish. This is a movie for all audiences (except kids, of course).

The romance part was done very well without being too cliched. The high school romance part wasn't even cliched at all, maybe because it didn't focus on that really much. Like I said, this movie isn't quite teenager-y.

This movie actually reminded me of Love, Actually, with the family trees and all that. That's what I thought it would be. But using three of its family members for the romance part is clever enough.

The production in this movie is simple, without making it too complicated, which gives more praise to the directing.

This is one of the few movies I cannot see flaws in. This is an excellent movie. Go check it out!
July 6, 2014
I really enjoyed the theme of writing/books that was present in this film. It created a unique backdrop for the different stories that made up the various characters. Stuck in Love was also superbly acted with an endearing, cheeseless plot line. Though there is some minor predictability as there would be with most rom-coms, Stuck in Love has a unique execution and likeable/relatable characters that make it at the very least a compelling one-time watch.