The Stuff (1985)
Average Rating: 6.2/10
Reviews Counted: 10
Fresh: 7 | Rotten: 3
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 1
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 6,529
When a group of miners discovers a mysterious but delicious white substance bubbling up from the earth, a conglomerate markets the gooey, addictive fluff as a dessert in this tongue-in-cheek horror spoof from former NBC scriptwriter Larry Cohen. When a new product called "The Stuff" begins eating into the market share of traditional frozen desserts, the dairy industry hires former FBI agent Moe Rutherford (Michael Moriarty) to investigate the competition. With the assistance of deposed ice-cream
Jun 14, 1985 Wide
Oct 24, 2000
New World Video
Watch It Now
David "Moe" Rutherfo...
Chocolate Chip Charl...
Girl in Stuff Commer...
Gas Station Attendan...
Guest Star in "Stuff...
Girl in Franchise
Old Couple in Stuff ...
Old Couple in Stuff ...
Robert Frank Telfer
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
The Stuff isn't a genre defining B-Movie by any means, but it's a rather unique and fresh example of the crazed originality such a genre possesses. You just can't get enough!
Totally resistible horror comedy by the playful B film filmmaker Larry Cohen.
Até razoavelmente divertido em sua época, tornou-se (ainda) pior com o passar do tempo, sobrevivendo apenas como mais um dos inúmeros momentos embaraçosos da cinematografia norte-americana dos anos 80.
Playful comic-horror is a fine diversion. Consumers, beware!
Likably goofy Larry Cohen horror satire.
Audience Reviews for The Stuff
- Col. Spears: Pay the drivers, issue a ten-percent tip, get a cash receipt.
- State Trooper: Yes, sir!
- Col. Spears: Proceed to the main lobby, we will reassemble! HUP!
- Col. Spears: I will permit this colored man to speak. But speak one word of the Commie party, or one word in code, and I will blow his head off.
- Chocolate Chip Charlie: Don't you know who I am? I am Chocolate-Chip Charlie! My hands are registered with the mid-New Jersey police as lethal weapons, and I eat them guns for breakfast!
- David "Moe" Rutherford: There nobody here but you?
- Gas Station Attendant: Well, don't you wanna wash your hands or something? I put in a new towel!
- Chocolate Chip Charlie: The only thing Chocolate Chip Charlie knows better than fighting is running.
- David "Moe" Rutherford: Pick a direction!
- Girl in Stuff Commercial: When I was a little girl I didn't think there was anything I like better than ice-cream. Now I'm a big girl. And I decided there's something I like better, much better. It's called The Stuff. And believe me, now is never enough.
Discuss The Stuff on our Movie forum!