Summer Eleven Reviews

½ November 1, 2011
An extremely adorable movie about four best friends during the summer before they transition into middle school. Each family is dealing with very difficult issues which the movie deals very delicately with. Vanessa is an aspiring actress, Lizzie's brother comes home from the war in Iraq wheelchair bound, Jess is struggling with the fact that her parents are separated and her mom has a new boyfriend, and Peri has a deep secret she can't tell anyone. All four girls will help each other get through their challenges together and discover that friendship is one of life's most important treasures.
July 21, 2011
its a really good movie. its a good one for the kids and see how friendships should be or its a good lesson on some things
June 12, 2014
Well, this is not the movie everyone desire to watch by themselves unless someone suggest or forced to. I always take chances in under-rated, under-appreciated and b grade movies. So that is how my road led here to review what I found with my latest watch. First of all, this movie was made under a tight budget and each scene was carefully carved. So the production quality won't stand up to your expectations, but very much acceptable.

A beautiful drama with the series of most compelling messages. Of course, the reality is there though it lacked in good performances throughout. All the actors were fresh, (I am not sure that, but I did not find any familiar faces and with their performances I thought so) but the crew extracted the best possibly could get from them. Especially all the four girls were awesome. Each one of them was so peculiar from others. It is the story of them and the summer.

The four girls in their eleven on the summer holiday hangouts to have fun and prepare to face the middle school challenges. The narration splits and briefs each girl's family story with all the good and bad that occur. Between that, these girls never stop to group and enjoy the summer. Along making others look better who are in their sorrow and learns to encounter difficulties in life by themselves. A coming-of-age story.

It is a feel good movie. Families and women would like it more than young boys and men. Most of the people does not aware of this movie's existence, but now you do after reading this. So if you are qualified to see this like I mention in the above line then go for it without a next thought. Because you might know me in my many reviews with similar taste, if not just ignore. I wish I could recommend it for everyone, but you know movies are barred with genres and categories that splits the audience. To me it was a nice movie to watch once.
January 25, 2013
i loved the movie it was great you guys need to see it
July 20, 2012
Very cute movie. Great storyline. Sends a great message to kids. Easy to watch for adults as well.
January 9, 2012
GREAT MOVIE!!! I have an eleven year old daughter, who was watching it with me in the living room, and five minutes later my nine year old son came in and started watching it. They liked it so much that they asked if I could buy it on DVD so they could watch it on long car rides. We ordered pizza that night, their favorite food, and they didnt even stop to eat it. It was an inspiring movie for young and old children. Great for kids about 8+.
August 27, 2011
I thought this movie was very poorly made and all the characters had a problem so it was soo predictable s overall this was a cute movie but poorly made
July 22, 2011
This movie was terrible. No comedy, which was why we even got it. Full of depressing scenes, lines, and characters. Nothing good. I hated it, and didn't even really watch it.
½ July 20, 2011
Actors were horrible, little comedy, even in the saddest and angriest moments that could be filled with passion they were said so that the lines were spoiled and seemed silly and pointless. We rented this from Netflix and could never focus on all the things happening at once. It got so boring we watched something else. Extremely dissapointing. Right when the screen could use a big jug of girl power and comedy, it ends up being sad and just not a very good movie. Truly thought it would be a little better. Looked homeade. And, of course, the actor was beautiful, the girl who's brother went to war was shy and timid, the other girl with her mom's abusive boyfriend was mean, and the poor girl was displayed to be ragged. Waste of time.