Summer Love (Dead Man's Bounty) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer Love (Dead Man's Bounty) Reviews

½ May 25, 2012
What the.... did i just watch? Give me hot pokers to the eye. This will have to be the worst movie I have seen., Words escape me.
½ July 28, 2008
Really awful stuff. Couldn't make it past the second beating scene. Val Kilmer plays a dead guy. Horrible.
November 7, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011

(2006) Dead Man's Bounty
WESTERN

Super low budget straight-to-rental Western film full of second rate acting and directing, with a cast consisting of foreign actors doing their best speaking English centers on a bounty hunter attempting to collect a $500 reward from a drunken sheriff, and ends up losing his bounty after a game. Then after a one-night stand with an old broad, a group of buffoons who're supposed to be outlaws end up chasing this bounty hunter throughout the desert on horses while he manages to escape and hide away from them on foot. Some of the main characters often quote one note pointless liners, similar to listening to a narcisstic student speaking on front of a classroom for instance. Production values is very low with second rate acting for the exception of Val Kilmer as the dead guy on the wanted poster, who just lies on the ground with a point of view coming through him as well, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Pointless
zero stars/ Bomb
½ September 18, 2009
Without a doubt the worse attempt at western of all time. And do not even begin to believe the dribble about it being spaghetti- to try to coax you into watching it. I am Polish and I was embarrased. The acting, the directing, the transitions- beyond terrible. And do not even get me started on Kilmer's so-called part. I never dreamt I would, but I actually burned the copy given to me by a friend, seriously I burned it- so that it had no chance of seeing the inside of another dvd player. It is that bad. In no way, is any of this an exagerration.
½ February 17, 2009
I have to say, isn't it interesting that often the best westerns are European? I'm not exactly saying this was '[b]the best[/b]' but think of Sergio Leone's 4 great American releases. I mean 'The Good the Bad and the Ugly" + "Once upon a time in the west"? These were fantastic films, shot not by Americans. This movie definitely opened in classic Sergio style with slow dialogue and interesting shots. I agree with others that the heart that Sergio had wasn't necessarily in this one, but, it is Polish and not Italian, so some of the high opera was definitely lost. But, I think this movie almost stands on its on in some ways as not a mere rip off of a spaghetti, or American style western, but rather it borrows from both types and adds its own eastern European touches. If you REALLY like westerns, or rather 'good' westerns, and you like different styles 'i.e. you liked Dead Man', you will most likely find this one a gem.
April 20, 2008
This Polish spaghetti western is an oddball movie. It does manage to capture the look and feel of these films, but not the heart and soul. It's cold and brutal. The acting is good though, particularly Katarzyna Figura.