Super Shark

100% Da Vinci's Demons: Season 2
100% Orphan Black: Season 2

Super Shark Reviews

July 22, 2012
One does not go into a B-movie expecting to see anything in the line of quality work. One goes into a B-movie expecting comedic values from poor execution, this mostly disappoints and not in a "so bad it's good" way.

Super Shark is about a giant prehistoric shark causing havoc on a nameless town. I'm not kidding when I say that more than half of this film is filler. It started when we're first introduced to our three main characters who are lifeguard and two of the female lifeguards like the same guy. If you're wondering what this to do with the plot i'll tell you. ABSOLUTELY GOT-DAM NOTHING. All those three characters die in the movie and added nothing to it. Though one scene involving the two female lifeguards was funny when one of them shouted "I wish I would die" and then the shark comes out of nowhere and eats both of them. The other plot-line is about a scientist trying to kill the prehistoric sharks. I found it hilarious how she convince and oil tycoon that there's chemical in the water by taking a lemon and squishing lemon juice into it in front of him. The ironic part is that he bought it and it leads to even more filler.

It has a bikini contest which serves no purpose with the most obnoxious host who unfortunately doesn't get eaten. Moments like these serve nothing to move the plot forward, than the filmmakers had the nerve to insert a photo shoot scene of the winners. In that photo shoot scene, a woman defends herself momentarily with a beach umbrella and Super Shark has trouble killing her, though he didn't have problems sinking an entire oil tanker and an taking down an airplane. Which leaves nothing but the climax to talk about, trust me the non shark scenes are nothing worth writing about. The climax involves Super Shark going up against a walking tank, I was actually looking forward this. It's not often you a walking tank fighting against a giant shark, but it disappoints. After a hilariously bad animated battle accompany by cheesy CGI, our Super Shark defeats the walking tank by simply tipping it over by hitting gently with his nose. Now that part of the climax did make me laugh and the scenes involving the shark are entertaining and should make you laugh at least once. Skip the boring humans section, they're terrible actors and aren't interesting.

Super Shark has some funny moments, but the humans take up around 80% of screen time and it's not worth it. Just skip to the shark scenes for some laughs if you want, but for everybody look elsewhere for your entertainment.
August 17, 2013
After searching through OnDemand looking for a quality way to spend my Saturday night, stumbling upon this flick was fulfilling to say the least. The aptly named Super Shark stole the show as he devours innocuous citizen after citizen. The plot consists of townsfolk plotting to overthrow this demon as well as an oil company; the drilling from the oil company spawns the shark's arrival. After numerous side plots that lead nowhere, and an attempt to show as many girls in skimpy bikinis, the dynamic duo of Sarah Lieving and John Schneider go to the army with the news of sharky's power. They eventually kill the shark after a prolonged fight. Somehow, the shark had the ability to survive out of water, allowing him to fight with the tanks. Anyway, if you are in the mood for horrible acting, horrible effects, horrible plot, this is the movie for you.
Frank k.
January 9, 2013
With 1990's era video game CGI, and the "of course everything goes wrong" plot its a real thriller! lol
December 5, 2012
I don't know how you have such slow pacing and a boring ass plot for a movie about a fucking super shark.
October 3, 2012
This years best creature feature takes the fifth place ony "Best movies of the year" list! I love everything about it for my own reasons, the main being it reminds me how much I used to love sharks and these types of movies and brings back the feeling of excitment from simply watching a shark eat people and walk around on land... it's worth mentioning it's a megalodon shark, my very favorite animal!
Nathan S.
September 8, 2012
I'm only 15 minutes in and I already want to hurt myself - but it's gotta get better.. right?
Josh S.
September 7, 2012
Not bad enough to be good. Had poor special effects and many physics defying underwater explosions.

July 22, 2012

July 11, 2012
Very disappointed. I expected a great B-movie like 2-headed shark attack but instead 75% of it was boring talk about how the shark came about and other boring stuff. The 25% featuring the shark is all seen in the trailer. A few fun parts put overall a massive disappointment.
June 12, 2012
Best movie I have even seen in my entire life. The special effects were to DIE for. Oh wait, this isn't 1990.
May 30, 2012
so frecken stupid, poor acting, poor special effects. but we did laugh our ass off a few times. it's a campy movie.
May 27, 2012
Give half star for eyes candy bikini
Dan DiVico
May 26, 2012
March 18, 2012
It's not bad. It's TERRIBLE. Don't watch unless you're out of hair to shave, clothes to fold, or walls to stare.
February 11, 2012
This movie was better than I thought it would be, but that's not saying it's a classic. It was visually appealing in spite of its low budget. The acting was a potpourri of good to really bad. There were the scantily-clad girls and a pan in to a pair of boobs, but that was to be expected. Never saw the shark walk or fly, just jump out of the water or flop on the shore. Nice to see Jerry Lacy (of DARK SHADOWS and PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM) in a small role.