Superstarlet A.D. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superstarlet A.D. Reviews

½ November 7, 2010
I apologize for not being able to watch the whole movie to give you my true opinion of the movie.

Simply goofy in the head is way I am going to describe this movie.
February 23, 2010
Pure case of style over substance and in this case it works, mainly because of how low budget the film is it's an achievement to make it so stylish. The story is about rival girl gangs in a future without men, the gangs and teamed up based on hair color. Basically it's a musical art house film made with a bunch of Betty Page wannabes.
March 22, 2008
Oh man. How I love J. Mike McCarthy. For real. Kerine Elkins is awesome, and who can't love a world where packs of women battle with huge guns over lipstick and all the men are neanderthals? I watch this pretty regularly. Also see Sore Losers...if you can find it. The only place I've found it is in a cheap four pack of mostly bad softcore.
½ March 12, 2008
About as convoluted as it gets. Genius.
December 15, 2007
One of the best 'underground' producers, John Michael McCarthy did made another little gem. John Waters: pass the crown if you would be so kind..
½ November 13, 2007
Mike McCarthy is, without question, THE godfather of Memphis filmmaking. He was one of the first homegrown filmmakers in the area, and he nurtured the best known talent from the area (namely Craig Brewer, who is credited as an editor on this movie). This movie is a bizarre mix of Russ Meyer and David Lynch, a cheap drive-in movie with an art-house inflection, filled with big hair, big guns, big tits, and a fuck-ton of lipstick and make-up. If you're a fan of Memphis culture, low-budget sci-fi, sleazy women, or just stuff that different and out there, go hunt this one down and check it out. It's easier to find than you think.
December 29, 2006
I am obsessed with this film.