Suspect Zero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Suspect Zero Reviews

March 22, 2007
A good serial killer thriller. Ben Kingsley really makes this movie work with his very creepy performance.
½ September 19, 2009
Cast: Aaron Eckhart, Ben Kingsley, Carrie-Anne Moss, Harry Lennix, Kevin Chamberlin, Julian Reyes, Keith Campbell, Chloe Russell, Ellen Blake, William B. Johnson, Jerry Gardner, Daniel Patrick Moriarty

Director: E. Elias Merhige

Summary: A killer is on the loose, and FBI agent Thomas Mackelway is on the case, sifting through clues to uncover the criminal's identity. But there's one unusual twist: The bloodthirsty felon's victims of choice are other serial killers.

My Thoughts: "Although it was a new take on serial killing and one I thought was very interesting, the film just wasn't great. Far from it. There is no thrill in this thriller and it needed it. The casting is great, its the writing and directing that leaves something to be wanted. The idea of the film is unique but unfortunately it wasn't executed as well as it could and should have been. A miss that could have been a hit."
December 18, 2010
While Aaron Eckhart and Ben Kingsley bring great performances, it is not enough to overcome the sappy writing that includes the "I slept with my partner" sub plot that adds nothing to the story more than the cliche former lovers working together drama. Too much fiction in the science fiction part of this story does not help either.
June 9, 2009
Suspected it to be good but got a real ZERO for that. Surely worth a miss!!!
January 12, 2008
Why I like this movie: ts a dark suspense thriller with a coupla "not so brutal" scenes, CIA & FBI is in it, and
Ben Kingsley was just awesome in this movie! You must simply have this on your movie collection!
March 29, 2007
A very enjoyable watch with a great performance from Ben Kingsley. A well thought out plot, definitely a recommendation.
June 10, 2007
Sounded good, the idea of psychic profilers tracking serial killers but the execution of the film is pretty bad. Could have been great.
September 19, 2006
A more dull then razor sharp thriller. not in top form or diection. it fails to develop its characters and story in general so its only half a movie. Ben Kingslely on the other hand delivers a riveting performance.
December 24, 2007
Movies like this absolutely kill me! The story they have to work with is top notch, the cast is terrific, and the movie sucked. The movie is all about tracking down this infamous serial killer with a horrible and gruesome reputation. They don't show what led to this reputation, any of his crimes, or what got them to that point. It's like jumping into a crappy direct to video sequel, after missing the blockbuster film that led to it. Nothing significant ever happens in this movie! Which then begs the question, what's the point in even making it?
½ March 7, 2012
It was kind of boring. This is the type of movie that I don't understand why it was even made - there is no redeeming value.
½ September 11, 2010
A movie with eye catching cinematography very good acting and story with careful attention to detail that sadly in the end succumbs to a terrible deaux ex machina. The first 2/3 are Seven mixed with silence of the lambs. I?ll really try hard to not be a spoiler on this movie, but?in any movie when you try and blend psychic abilities into the core of the plot line chances are you open up more plot holes than even a talented director like Merhige can fill. I did click back and forth on the chapters trying to find fault and I could not, but the ending just leaves you hollow. I qued this movie after witing a review for Merhige?s Shadow of the Vampire. I thought wow how did I miss this Jem starring Ben Kingsley, Aaron Eckhart and Carrie Anne Moss in a story about serial Killers. Unfortunately I had seen it when it came out and it was so un remarkable it slipped my memory. I?m hoping it more a comment on the movie than my aging memory.
December 28, 2007
Eckhart is chasing Kingsley who may be a serial killer or may be chasing a serial killer himself, or may be some Government experiment. It's a Seven clone but crap. Turns out the "actual" serial killer has killed over a hundred people and buried them in a few acres under really shallow ground which has never been discovered. I would write more but just dredging up the memory of this film is making me lose the will to live.
½ May 19, 2009
I adore Ben Kingsley but was disappointed in this film...His performance was (as usual ) excellent but the plot development was quite sloppy and became increasingly irritating as the film progressed. The premise was interesting and the movie could have been far better with more attention to plot and character development. See it for Kingsley- if at all...
May 19, 2009
The movie starts with a man sitting in a diner on a rainy night. A man comes and sits at the table with him (Sir Ben Kingsley) and proceeds to ask him a bunch of very random very personal questions and then shows him some pretty graphic drawings that he drew. The man freaks out and leaves the diner and gets in his car and drives off, he doesn't get to far. This starts the FBI looking for a killer that fits the profile of a serial killer when they find a body in the trunk of a car left in the parking lot of the diner. This movie touches on a project that was started by the government where they used people who could remotely locate people using a form of E.S.P. Like most government experiments some of the people were pushed to hard and went a little nuts. Aaron Eckhart from Meet Bill and Carrie-Anne Moss from Matrix are the FBI agents and they have to follow the clues to find the killer.
May 30, 2008
Grisly and quite unsettling psycho-thriller based on the concept of remote viewing and the mental anguish which ensues. Kingsley soaks up his role, aaron does alot of grimacing, looking more like a young harrison ford, but carrie moss has little to do with her limited screen time. Like a slow boil, the suspense slowly builds from beginning to an appropriate, fateful outcome.
June 2, 2007
the trailer was interesting but when i saw it, it bored me so much i watched wheel of fortune instead,,
½ May 18, 2007
½ February 10, 2015
This film had a really interesting plot but the ending was overly ridiculous. It simply tried to hard to be original while completely mimicking Se7en. Don't waste your time.
October 6, 2011
With a cast of this caliber and the overall plot synopsis, I have to consider this a disappointment. This is no fault of the actors, who all do a pretty good job. Moss is slightly underwhelming, but Kingsley is very good as almost always.

The direction is solid, and the script is average, but the story is what fails the film. It starts out very solidly, but just sort of looses itself, and your left to watch it flounder around in its lack of backbone for the last hour. There is really no core to the film. No strong theme or cohesive plot details. It seems like a bunch of separately filmed scenes that were just glued together at the end.

All that said, it is not an unenjoyable watch. Has just enough to make it marginally interesting, but the potential of the story coupled with such a strong core of actors could have made this a very good movie. As it sits now, its a light shade better than mediocre.
½ December 6, 2011
too many flashbacks and too jumpy for my taste. Had a good story to it.. but could have been alot better.