67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

—— New Girl: Season 4
83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Tarzan Escapes Reviews

August 21, 2008
The third Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan movie is one of the worst. This was a rehash of the first two movies. Sometimes they used the same of leftover footage. The plot of the movie is that Jane's cousins come to Africa to find her and bring her back to clam her inheritance. They hire a evil safari guide to take them to Tarzan. He brings a steel cage to capture Tarzan and bring him back to civilization. In order to get there they have to get past a tribe of evil black natives. All the African natives in Tarzan movies are either fearful porters used as human pack animals or savage hostiles killing everyone they come in contact with. When they find Tarzan and Jane, they are living in a tree house with an elephant powered elevator and a dining table with dishes and utensils. When they tell Jane why they came, Tarzan turns into a pussy whipped wimp. At some point Tarzan lets himself get locked in the steel cage. Everyone gets captured by the evil natives and Tarzan is freed by a couple of elephants. Tarzan rescues Jane with an elephant stampede. When I was a kid they showed all these Tarzan movies on Saturday afternoon TV and I watched all of them. I don't remember this one, probably because everything in this movie is a repeat of the first two movies. The only time Tarzan fights a wild animal is when he fights a crocodile to save a fawn. But it was just the same fight they filmed for Tarzan and His Mate. Then at the end of the movie Jane's cousins decide, "Oh, you don't have to come back to England. We just need your signature."
Ken D

January 25, 2008
What might have been. This could have been one of the best Tarzan movies of all time, except that there had to have been several cuts made because the movie was deemed to scary. Weissmuller and O'Sullivan were on top of their game as Tarzan and Jane. I really got a kick out of the supporting character, Rawlins. Maybe it was me, but Cheetah seemed really malicious or jealous of Tarzan. Oh well still an pretty good movie though.
jazza923
February 10, 2008
6.5/10. Not the best of the Johnny Weismuller Tarzan films, but it is still a very entertaining movie. Good production, some fine camerawork. Enjoyable with a fine cast. Reasonably suspenseful.