Ten

90% Outlander: Season 1

Ten Reviews

Lucas M

May 5, 2011
Totalmente realista! uma visão do mundo reprimido das mulheres iranianas. Um grande debate sobre a sociedade, que ocorre todo dentro de um carro. Prende o espectador atà (C) o fim e o faz refletir sobre as questões contemporânias. Feito de forma bem simples, o filme à (C) inspirador e maravilhoso.
Ross C

May 29, 2007
Hmmm... a bit too arty for me! Filmed like a home video and entirely shot in one Iranian women's car, this film explores both Iranian and womens' life through her various passengers.

June 30, 2005
[font=Century Gothic]"Ten" is a collection of digitally shot vignettes centered around an unknown driver in Iran. She is in her 30's, been divorced and remarried and has one of the most annoying children on record as one of her passengers. In each of the vignettes, there is a passenger that the driver carries on a conversation with. The movie takes place over a series of days, each of which might be a Friday.[/font]

[font=Century Gothic]Nearly all of the Iranian films I have seen over the past few years I have liked. The lone exception to this is "A Taste of Cherry", also directed by Abbas Kiarostami. I now understand what I don't like about that movie - it is about a man who drives around looking for someone to help him to commit suicide. This is the most important decision this person will ever make but it is handled so matter of factly and without emotion, it's not very credible. A few years later, Kiarostami has not moved on - "Ten" is also about a random person driving around except it almost seems like a lost episode of "Taxicab Confessions". The only segment that has any resonance is one involving a prostitute. There is very little depth here. This might have worked had it been set in Los Angeles, perhaps as a comment on automobile culture. And it definitely would have helped if the whole movie had taken place during a single day.[/font]
lesleyanorton
lesleyanorton

April 15, 2010
Documentary about a woman taxi driver's life in Tehran, told solely by filming conversations between her and her passengers over a 48-hour period. Taxi-drivers do love to talk so.
May 13, 2008
I've reviewed this film on my blog already. However, I will add one thing here. This is very well directed, very emotional, very personal, and one cannot help but be jealous of the director.
July 19, 2013
totally mysterious what's happenned behind the scene, how to manage characters, script and insanely idea
April 10, 2013
Never a film captures the darkest side of marital relationships so strong and intensely. Here the director again comes with his no nonsense style of direction and tells us a divorced woman's daily journey and conversation through the dashboard camera basically in ten consecutive segments.The film relentlessly depicts the actual condition of women in the age of male patriarchy,especially in middle east Asia.One just cant deny the experience and make him realize the futility of the institution called marriage and suffering done specially to the innocent deserted children.
November 15, 2011
Pure in its utmost minimalist cinematic style, this film is mind-blowing in delivering one of the most powerful portrayal of human interaction. Unforgettable.
EnglishCrumpet
May 19, 2011
Equal parts dull and utterly rivetting, Ten is a real paradox of a movie that shouldn't work on any level but in fact soars on almost every level. Kiarostami proves once again that he's fearless behind the lens, crafting a fascinating and totally unique experience that is a must-see for any fan of cinema as art. Following one woman as she drives across modern Tehran and engages with a variety of different passengers, this is an intriguing character study that sees incredible performances from Mania Akbari and her on-screen son Amin Maher, who plays one of the most naturally manipulative children the big-screen has ever seen.
Lucas M

May 5, 2011
Erick F.
January 7, 2011
Abbas Kiarostami makes an experimental film that suffers from all things that experimental films suffer from while you first start to watch. You wonder why they decided to make a film this way, blah blah, boring, talking too much, blah blah. But as the film continues, the main character change from person to person becomes quite interesting which sets up the ending beautifully. The ending is subtly powerfully which you would come to expect from a director like Abbas Kiarostami. I really liked the moment the when the woman towards the end shows her "hair" and the conversation with the prostitute is very well written. If you stick through this film, you will be rewarded. But warning, sometimes what makes the film good, also makes it suck. But in the end I liked it. Good/Ok Concept Good/OK Execution. Watch it if you are into high-art/experimental/foreign films!

June 30, 2005

Big Bada Boomba
April 10, 2005
A very interesting look into the daily life of a Muslim woman and the people she encounters. For a whole film to take place within a car, the script would have to be written very well to keep the auidence viewer interested long enough, this films does that!
whisox
December 22, 2004
Ten is a fairly interesting film that takes an unusual look at domestic life in Iran. The film is set in a Taxi cab as a divorce mom picks up a series of passengers and discovers a number of truths about herself. While the film is a bit claustaphobic, did does generally work and it provides the viewer with an unusual but of insight into modern life in Iran.