The Culpepper Cattle Co. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Culpepper Cattle Co. Reviews

½ June 1, 2010
Pappy Bob's pedestrian opinion: I like westerns. In this one, we ride along on the standard western cattle drive with all the ups and downs found along the trail. If you like westerns, you will like The Culpepper Cattle Company.
June 1, 2008
Another gritty American western that owes more to the growing use of cocaine, than any 70s spirit of auteur-ism. A movie where everyone who comes on screen either gets a hard stare or guns pointed at them. A lot get shot with squibs of bright red peckinpah blood. Overall, alright.
December 14, 2007
150723: A decent western. Some classic "cowboy" actors.
September 29, 2013
Simple humor and music set this western story on its path. It a tough love teen coming into adulthood in a way that only the old west could have done. Explains a lot about the American psyche and why they are the way they are. Nothing special in the photography or acting. Nibbles:Have a beef sandwich and beer handy
February 26, 2012
Decent deflationary Western.
June 1, 2010
THE CULPEPPER CATTLE CO. (1972)
June 23, 2011
Interesting, if not all-together successful revisionist western about a young boy (Gary Grimes) who, aspiring to be a cowboy, joins a cattle drive to Colorado, but soon realizes, following one hardship after the other, that his romanticized notion of the lone cattleman is pure fantasy.

Interesting side note: this is the first Executive Producer screen credit for Jerry Bruckheimer who would go on to be one of the most successful producers in Hollywood, overseeing such films as BEVERLY HILLS COP and TOP GUN (with former partner, the late Don Simpson) to the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN series.
½ June 19, 2011
Pretty good western.
½ June 1, 2010
One of the greatest Westerns ever made.. period.
March 28, 2009
We watched this a long time and thoroughly enjoyed it it really set the atmoshere of the cattle lands. Liked the story line following the young lad cooking beans etc.
August 5, 2008
I've always liked westerns so i enjoyed it alot.
June 1, 2008
February 10, 2008
another classic duster from my youth...this is where Eastwood got the vibe for "Unforgiven"
January 28, 2008
this film is a sure house on fire western , it's legit and cracks a nice bender. im in rave with it. double good points for that horse
January 27, 2008
This was a pretty decent story, despite a slow start. The plot had its twists and turns, managing to avoid cliché for the most part with an air of charm. It was almost like 'Oregon Trail - The Movie'. Almost.