The Heavy Reviews

August 1, 2012
A police officer Dunn (Vinnie Jones) with an axe to grind...A hit man (Gary Stretch) Boots Mason with nothing to lose...A polititian Christian Mason (Adrian Paul) with high political ambitions...and a business man (Stephen Rea) Anawalt with a job that's so heavy...the consequences may or may not be beneficial for his business. Throw all of these characters into this story just to find out who gets out just by getting even....Nicely paced interesting conclusion! Try it!
January 6, 2011
If I had to pay any more then $1 to watch this then I wouldn't have done it.I only rented this movie from Redbox because the DVD cover looked interesting.That was a $1 wasted & 1 hour & 43 minutes of my life I'll never get back
½ August 11, 2011
waste of time. the TVR is cool though.
March 19, 2011
Very peculiar movie. The first half was very violent. The second half was still violent but an antagonistic relationship emerged between two brothers who hadn't seen one another in years, and the ultimate ending was unexpected and well done - like two different flicks.
½ February 5, 2011
Not bad, not good. Dont bother, go get a classic
½ January 19, 2011
**1/2 (out of four)

Better than expected thanks to a slick production and fast pacing. But it still needed a bit more depth to carry it to the next level.

Gary Stretch is a thug who blames his politician brother for the death of his child. He is more than happy to take a new assignment that requires him to assassinate his brother.
½ January 3, 2011
Good cast, but only an average movie. Not recommended
December 19, 2010
This movie is very unfocused and all over the place. The director must really like Paul Oakenfeld, because the music is also all over the place and rather distracting.

The lead actor in The Heavy, who plays...the heavy comes off as a poor man's Pierce Brosnan, but he's no 007, and he's hardly a good enough actor to pull off this role. The supporting cast has some familiar faces, but for the most part can't find their way through this very dismal maze of slop.