The Heavy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Heavy Reviews

August 1, 2012
A police officer Dunn (Vinnie Jones) with an axe to grind...A hit man (Gary Stretch) Boots Mason with nothing to lose...A polititian Christian Mason (Adrian Paul) with high political ambitions...and a business man (Stephen Rea) Anawalt with a job that's so heavy...the consequences may or may not be beneficial for his business. Throw all of these characters into this story just to find out who gets out just by getting even....Nicely paced interesting conclusion! Try it!
½ January 19, 2011
**1/2 (out of four)

Better than expected thanks to a slick production and fast pacing. But it still needed a bit more depth to carry it to the next level.

Gary Stretch is a thug who blames his politician brother for the death of his child. He is more than happy to take a new assignment that requires him to assassinate his brother.
January 6, 2011
If I had to pay any more then $1 to watch this then I wouldn't have done it.I only rented this movie from Redbox because the DVD cover looked interesting.That was a $1 wasted & 1 hour & 43 minutes of my life I'll never get back
December 30, 2010
Duncan McLeod is in it! That's the good part. Gary sucks in this role and the movie is useless. I mean the story is good, but I'm guessing the director messed it up. It would be better as a 15 minute clip. It was draggy and uneventful and with an unhappy ending. Lame.
December 19, 2010
This movie is very unfocused and all over the place. The director must really like Paul Oakenfeld, because the music is also all over the place and rather distracting.

The lead actor in The Heavy, who plays...the heavy comes off as a poor man's Pierce Brosnan, but he's no 007, and he's hardly a good enough actor to pull off this role. The supporting cast has some familiar faces, but for the most part can't find their way through this very dismal maze of slop.
January 2, 2010
I would watch anything with Miss Sossamon!
February 4, 2011
Surprisingly good, awesome ending. Jones plays a great zealous cop, one of his finest roles. A man sends his brother to prison, then expects him to donate bone marrow? As if prison wasn't bad enough, his daughter died while he was incarcerated. Thanks bro! Lots of twists, it starts off really boring, but it's worth sticking with.
March 25, 2010
Heavy has ambition. It also has 18 credited producers, which may be the reason why the film looks manically executed yet remains frustratingly undercooked. I say SKIP IT!!!
October 25, 2013
action and Vinnie Jones playing dirty cop how cool can it be? =)
December 22, 2012
The plot has some potential and actually did keep me mildly interested to the very end. But the movie fails rather sadly in acting department, which is very uneven. Vinnie Jones is rudiculous as always, but Gary Stretch isn't far behind. Also, what was the idea behind the ridiculously convoluted editing of this flick. - did the director get hold of "Movie editing for dummies" and decided to try out chapters 3 through 17?
November 4, 2012
great cop/crime thriller with a great sndtrack by oakie (swordfish)
August 1, 2012
½ July 28, 2012
The story was slow and rather uninteresting.
½ June 10, 2012
well first of all the plot develops so slow that the movie ends before you can even connect with any of the characters which is a shame because the movie had promises. So for that I gave this movie a D+.
½ February 25, 2012
an ex-con from a well-to-do family has a chance to get his brother back for selling down the river but, as always, there's a twist...

i was disappointed with this. it just seems to be all over the place and inexplicably so.
January 15, 2012
Neither brilliant nor awful, The Heavy will go down as a fairly unmemorable experience. Full marks for Vinnie Jones' facial hair though.
½ August 11, 2011
waste of time. the TVR is cool though.
July 27, 2011
"How much weight, weighs on your conscience?" This film, delivers the bang for your buck. Outstanding!
June 23, 2011
Better than what I expected. OK straight to video action film. Quite good special effects at the end for this type of movie.
June 22, 2011
Stretch is as bad an actor as he was when he was a boxer. Awful british thriller where Vinnie Jones gets to beat a woman up. Charming.