—— Transcendence Apr 18

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

The Scouting Book for Boys Reviews

January 28, 2012
Good acting, unexpectedly dark twist to the story, but at the same time, some aspects of it felt a bit over-the-top (Emily's mum bears a striking resemblance to Amy Winehouse, for example).
November 27, 2012
Almost entirely plausible, this tale of teenage tearaways gets increasingly dark. There is a commentary on childcare and neglect, and mob behaviour, running through the film. It left us feeling very disquieted.
November 16, 2012
It passed a couple of hours
November 16, 2012
That was dark, not a fun film
October 30, 2012
While the story line was intriguing it was possibly one of the most depressing films in history and I've seen my sisters keeper, the notebook and bridge to teribithia.
January 15, 2012
There's a lot to admire in this movie. It's from a first time director and I liked his visuals and moods. Script was by my favorite writer on Skins and while he still displays his uncanny ability to capture the darker aspects of adolescence in a believable way, the characters seemed surprisingly thin and uninvolving. Performances were really good though and after a soggy middle section, the story's 3rd act suddenly comes alive and delivered what I was expecting.
Ollie19951
January 2, 2012
This film shows what Young Talent we have here in Britain , it's a film to get the emotions going , it pulls you in to a gripping story line that you wont want to miss for a second.
cody m.
May 27, 2011
From the get go you see the raw chemistry between the two young actors. As the film progresses you see more maturity and power come from the performances of a couple of young limit experienced actors than most well known people in the business nowhere days.
It takes a risk by putting the viewer in the position of a witness to the uncomfortable and distressing situation portrayed and it doesn't let you forget about it in a hurry
Jonny B.
August 26, 2010
The film is brilliant, it finds your heart and rips at it throughout. The central performances from Thomas Turgoose and Holly Grainger are truly outstanding, you can relate to them both and understand them all the time. The story is one of young love, heartbreak and lost childhood. David (Turgoose) and Emily (Grainger) have been best friends since they can remember, they spend all the time together they possibly can, things get complicated when Emily is told she has to move away to go and live with her dad as her mum is clearly not fit to look after a child, distraught she runs away and goes missing. As the story unfolds we see both characters go through pretty much every emotion there is and drag us through them as well, proving the brilliant work of debut director Tom Harper and helped in no small part by the sublime writing of Jack Thorne, foermerly known for working on the outstanding Skins. The movie is one so brilliant I put it up there with the other great modern British dramas such as, This is England or Fish Tank and proves that Hollywood can't create as realistic and heartwarming a portrait of childhood as we can this side of the pond! WATCH THIS!
Nick S.
March 13, 2010
Having spent a lot of my childhood in Suffolk, this film about strange goings on at a holiday caravan park in Norfolk in part confirmed the stereotypes that I had always suspected about our neighbours, and although some elements of the film (the torching of the caravan) make it seem like a TV adaptation, there are enough scenes of real tension, tenderness, and in one very squeamish scene, horror, (think Misery) to keep you interested.