48% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Canterville Ghost Reviews

September 16, 2009
Centuries ago an English king, embarassed by the cowardice of his son, has that son walled up in his castle. (The son was supposed to fight Tor Johnson of Plan 9 and A&C in the Foreign Legion fame.) Because of a curse placed on him, the son is doomed to haunt the castle for eternity. Flash-forward to WWII-era Britain. A group of US Army Rangers is staying at the castle, which is now owned by the 6 yo decendant of the king. One of the Rangers happens to also be decendent and with 6 yo they learn why the ghost is stuck here. To remedy the situation, a decendant must commit and act of bravery to appease the long-dead king. A decent horror-comedy which is a bit too sappy and the ghost was a real fem.
joshhitch
December 18, 2009
Enjoyed this flick pretty well, Laughton is flawless like usual he is great with delivery. Also Robert Young was solid as well Margaret O'Brien who at 7 years old gave a wonderful performance, one of the better child actors I have seen in that era for sure. The effects were also well done, very understated and simple but worked well.
beachbum181
August 21, 2009
I love this movie. Margaret O'Brien is so adorable in it. She's got to be one the best child actors that there has ever been.
starlett2005
June 7, 2014
The Canterville Ghost is a cute film. It is about cowardly Sir Simon of Canterville flees a duel and seeks solace in the family castle in the 1600s and his descendant saves the family honor. Charles Laughton and Robert Young give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Jules Dassin did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watched this motion picture because of the fantasy and humor. The Canterville Ghost is a must see.
Pizza the Hutt
June 28, 2009
"I have roamed these halls for three centuries and I am so tired. If only I could rest..."
jazza923
March 26, 2005
LAUGHTON'S DELIGHTFUL PERFORMANCE STRONGLY INFLUENCED MY RATING ON THIS FILM. HE LIFTS THIS AVERAGE FILM, EVEN A BIT OF A SAPPY FILM, INTO AN ENJOYABLE MOVIE EXPERIENCE.