The Chosen One

The Chosen One

No Score Yet

The Chosen One Reviews

Sarah H ½ November 29, 2012
You expect really funny from Rob Scneider, but instead you get this. It envolves someone who is suicidal being chosen as a spirtual leader, who has absolutely no idea what they are doing or talking about and pretty much talks out of their butt the entire time. It does have some parts that are funny, but I would recommend picking something else entirely before you settle on this one.
Marie C ½ January 31, 2014
I loved this movie. I was surprised to see Rob Schneider in a serious role, but he did a wonderful, convincing job. The movie is sweet, a little other wordily and quiet. I cried a bit at the end. I hope to see more serious, quirky movies written and directed by him.
Kelly B December 9, 2012
Absolutely horrendous. Painful to watch.
Christopher H September 21, 2012
An unexpected, rather enjoyable film that proves that star Rob Schneider actually has the skills to be a legit actor once he actually stops trying to be goofy, and focuses on his craft.
John W. John W. July 25, 2012
Very light film with slow pacing. Much different than the usual character Schneider portrays. It's not bad, there just isn't any substance. Feels a little lost, it's not funny enough to be much of a comedy or enough character depth/introspection to be dramatic.
Austin C June 14, 2012
Has a few funny moments and a nice story, but I feel it's a bit slow, and then ends too abruptly.
Alex C March 31, 2012
It seems like people who didn't like the Chosen One were fans of Schneider's usual, low-brow comedies. As a comedy, this movie certainly fails. But it's impossible to watch without realizing it doesn't even try to be a comedy. Honestly, I was surprised to enjoy this psuedo-spiritual dramedy.
Stacey H December 23, 2011
Recently watched this Rob Schneider film on a fluke -- not a fan of his -- and was pleasantly surprise. He wrote and directed this light drama and it was a good movie. He reminded me how some of the best drama actors are comics. Check out "Chosen One" on Hulu and tell me your take on it... Why to go Rob!!
Michelle J December 20, 2011
This movie was mis-branded as a comedy. It's actually a drama and well acted by Schneider and Buscemi. Anyone who expects this movie to the usual Rob Schneider film will be disappointed, but I feel like this movie got poor ratings more because it was not what people expected than because it's actually bad.
Diganta B November 18, 2011
I don't mind...its only a bad day. :(
Willow Willow October 19, 2011
I'm a fan of Rob; however, this one was decent. It seemed to drag on, the humor in it was dry, and honestly, I think it was more of a drama, then a comedy.
Alex W ½ July 4, 2011
This one was very hard to stomach. Boring is all I can say. Definitely not a hit for Schneider.
peter w. peter w. July 4, 2011
zero/4

I hated this movie. I hated every stupit god damm min. of this movis. So unfunny and depressing, that nothing could save it. The lowest grade of this so called entertaiment.
Stephanie L ½ May 17, 2011
couldn't even finish it...
Dan V April 26, 2011
This movie was not funny and was really boring it just drags on and on its one of the most boring movies I have ever seen
Ann M April 25, 2011
Not what I expected at all, especially having Rob Schneider as the lead. I would not recommend this to anyone. I had several "WTF" moments throughout the whole thing. I guess the whole story has a little bit of charm to it, but overall, it was a very bland, uneventful film.
Randall J April 19, 2011
worst schneider movie
Greg L April 14, 2011
Can I leave zero stars? This movie was incredibly boring and I do not understand why it is even labeled it a comedy. Back acting and bad directing. (I want the $1 and the 1.5 hr. of my life back.)
Jason B April 9, 2011
A somewhat serious (or at least not zany) Rob Schneider flick.
Tobias E April 3, 2011
Ikke verdens mest spaendende film... der er ikke saa meget handling! Og det er ikke en komedie, faktisk er det en meget melankolsk film. Men den har alligevel et eller andet oveer sig...