• PG-13, 1 hr. 46 min.

The Devil Wears Prada Reviews

Page 1 of 1941
Wildaly M

May 15, 2007
Meryl Streep was excellent in this one.
thmtsang
thmtsang

June 24, 2007
Movie about an ordinary girl who gets a job in a fashion magazine powerhouse. She is engulfed by the industry. I love the fashion. Meryl is brilliant.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 9, 2007
I must rewrite my review to this movie, because this movie is rare and by what i mean by it being rare is that i didnt like it when i first saw it at the cinema but since watching it again, countless times over again i enjoy each time more and more!
I now love this movie and call it one of my favourite movies its funny, entertaining and just great to watch, it has a great cast and just thoroughly enjoyable, i have to say i absolutely love Meryl Streep in this movie, she is fantastic and that strong character scariness she had going on was really attractive!
Fantastic movie and being a person who hates fashion and everything about as its just not interesting you can still very much enjoy this movie!
Lucas M

June 9, 2012
A interesting concept and decent actings, just like a nice direction. The Devil Wears Prada it's a so-so picture. Not some great as everybody say,(have some boring scenes and go in a way of a dramatic romantic comedy with a feminist view; a very cliche thing in movies), sadly the script wasn't very good written and had avoid this mistakes. Still the movie brings a terrific performance by Meryl Streep.
Raymond W

October 8, 2011
Having read the source novel not too long ago, I was disappointed with some of the changes, but I have to say they were not bad changes. The Devil Wears Prada is a hilarious comedy with an always fantastic Meryl Streep (deserving of that Oscar nom.) and Anne Hathaway delivering a great performance. The story isn't much, but the characters are genuine and relatable. At the end of the day, The Devil Wears Prada is witty and good evening comedy.
Jan Marc M

September 13, 2011
An entertaining adaptation garbed with the glamorous and the fabulous, The Devil Wears Prada presents the fashion industry in alluring nimble drama and modest comedy that narrates determination and passion. Lustrous.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
One of my all time favourite films! A must see!
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

February 28, 2011
Okay, I know im a guy, but this film was better than I'd hope. I never thought in my life that meryl Steep could play such an @$$hole, but she pulls it off with flying colors, and deserved the Oscvar nom. Anne Hathaway is what every girl wants to be, a nobody who gets a lot of money and becomes a somebody, but then abuses the power, and thats why the lot didn't excite me, but interested me. There is really nothing more interesting about the caharcers other than Meryl streep and and Anne Hathaway. So ladies eat your hearts out, and I will always just like this movie, just "like."
Jennifer X

May 26, 2007
I'm not as crazy a fan of Devil Wears Prada as some are, but these are the things I did like: Meryl Streep's cerulean speech, Emily Blunt talking about barfing, and Stanley Tucci. But it's a very surface-level movie, and it's not one that I'd ever watch again of my own accord.
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

January 27, 2007
What a really entertaining movie!! Meryl Streep gives us her Oscar performance and Hathaway stills our 'princess charming'. It's a pleasure to see how they two can make this movie 'work'. And the fashion were great!!! I just really wondering if I can work in that place.... One of my favorite movie of all time, I just don't get bored even I watched it again and again and again...
movieguru12
movieguru12

January 27, 2008
Just an amazing movie. Anne Hathaway is fantastic as always & Meryl Streep & Stanley Tucci have amazing rules as well :)
jamers2011
jamers2011

August 5, 2010
I'm pretty confident that I'm one of the only guys in the world that seriously likes this film. I think it's more than just a chick-flick; it serves, also, as a film about life in general. Great performances by Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. Solid performances by the supporting actors Stanley Tucci and Emily Blunt as well. I really love this film!
Carlos M

January 4, 2010
Although bearing the cliché, moralistic message of "the price you pay when you choose profession over personal life", this is a greatly entertaining comedy that takes a caustic look into New York's fashion scene and boasts some beautiful performances.
Conner R

August 2, 2010
I don't usually fall head over heels for girl power dramas, but this is a truly great movie. A completely star studded cast and very well put together, it's not the typical chick flick at all. Anne Hathaway is one of the greatest and most versatile actresses of her generation, this one of her many lovable performances. Meryl Streep plays a good villain as well. It reminds me a lot of Funny Face, only it doesn't have any faults for the most part. While it seems to be overlooked as an unimportant fashion movie, it's really a lot more than that. I love what it has to say about fashion's role in our society and how it can affect a person.
Richard C

July 28, 2010
suprisingly good. B
Lewis C

June 21, 2007
How do you make a potentially bland story about high fashion palatable to the average movie watcher? Add in a few top tier acting performances, lots of references to those mystical fashion names that we hear about but will probably never own a piece of clothing from, and Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt in some very pretty clothes. Voila!

Meryl Streep's performance makes this movie, but that's well-known and quite frankly, expected. Even when The Devil Wears Prada falls into the typical story ruts, she keeps it interesting.
Anthony L

September 24, 2009
Not very convincing and not very entertaining.
Dean !

January 31, 2007
A good film, although classed as a comedy there are not many laugh out moments. One more for the girls I guess or if you are really into fashion. An enjoyable film but it could have done with a better ending I thought.
TomBowler
TomBowler

August 1, 2009
anne hathaway is brilliant, not to mention hot, in this chick flick which guys will love as well
Page 1 of 1941