• PG, 1 hr. 30 min.

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

The End of Love Reviews

April 6, 2014
me gusto mucho! nose porque tuvo tan mala crítica, sinceramente me pareció una muy linda película.
Emily  D.
October 14, 2013
I would like to start out by saying that the first "review quote" atop of this poster is completely incorrect. This movie will not sit with you long after you've left the theater however, the second is very true. The entire movie is a natural collection of father and son moments....why? Because Isaac in the movie is Mark's real life son.
I understand that the film was trying to convey accepting death and moving forward however I don't think Mark knew exactly how to execute that without being blatant which is exactly what happens towards the end with the goldfish.
What Mark has done is make a movie about his life with a few situations distorted (his wife is not dead, they are separated). After watching the film, I knew Isaac had to be his son because there was no way a child that young could give such a raw and real performance. Sure enough, Mark had a friend follow them around with a camera, the kid never knew he was making a movie, which adds to it's realism. What we get is a natural father/son relationship that I don't think can be duplicated.
The main problem lies in the story/plot, it's pretty much MIA. Mark has no money and can't get any gigs (insert cameo here by actor playing him/her self), is alone, "struggling" to take care of Isaac and trying to fill the void of his passed girlfriend with Shannyn Sossaman and some Jocelyn chick. I kept thinking throughout the movie, "why doesn't get a JOB while he tries to book a gig?"
Aside from the lack thereof of a good plot, it will be intriguing to see what Mark comes up with next, albeit he doesn't base another movie on his personal life.
August 19, 2013
This movie is really slow moving. The audience is waiting for the plot to develop and the pace to pick up but it never really does.
Matty Stanfield
August 17, 2013
Well, Marc Webber's baby is cute. ...It was sort of like watching an out of work actor's depressing home movies. I suspect the intention was to entertain, but I was bored.
February 18, 2013
La película es interesante, y tiene un tema que bien se pudo explotar de una forma interesante y profunda, cumple con esto hasta cierto nivel, sin embargo el mayor inconveniente de la película es el ritmo que tiene, el cual es hasta cierto punto pesado, y podría llegar a decir tedioso. Buena película, pero pudo ser mucho mejor.
July 18, 2013
I would not recommend this movie. It's pretentious, and it's overly ambitious in the sense that the filmmaker thinks (for some reason) that the audience will enjoy this film. Do yourself a favor and ignore this one.
May 7, 2013
Depressing movie thats overall good but not without flaws. one to many scenes of the kid being cute.
Phil Z.
March 1, 2013
A beautiful film! I had the chance to see it at Sundance a year ago. The theater was packed and the audience loved it. A very raw look, almost a documentary style at someone struggling with it's own demons and almost normal every day life. Great performances, including a none-performance by the little boy, who is amazing in the film! I loved it and I wish american filmmakers would make more films like that!
February 3, 2013
Pentru pusti si pentru scena cu petrecerea
January 24, 2013
Mark Webber has not sold me yet that he is a talented actor, but I think he will with this film.
August 13, 2012
I respect how difficult of a film this must have been for Mark Webber to make & I completely respect him for just coming out & creating something this personal, but as personal & raw of a film as The End of Love is, it can't help but suffer from some major pacing issues, an uneven tone & some scenes that drag on & on far more then they should & ultimately feel pointless. However, The End of Love has some scenes far too fascinating & emotionally resonant to dislike & Mark Webber delivers a really, really great performance here, showing how good of an actor he can be. It's not a bad film, it's a respectable one, but to me it's just far too flawed in some places to fully recommend.