The Last Godfather - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Godfather Reviews

August 21, 2011
A great cast plus a horrible script unfortunately equals a bad film. Obviously a spoof on Wiseguy movies this Shim driven vehicle fails to deliver. Shim is a funny physical comic reminiscent of the Three Stooges but this was not the film to do that routine. Keitel was not believable as Shim's father not because he is Caucasian but due to the fact he is not much older than Shim. A bad wig and gangster suit couldn't keep Jason Mewes inner Jay from constantly appearing minus Silent Bob as the rival family lieutenant. Skip this one.
September 10, 2013
Now I love a good parody, and was hoping for the best with a "Fish Out Of Water" type of scenario here. I was wrong. How Harvey Keitel got involved with this piece of junk, I'll never know. This seems even beneath Jason Mewes to do. Is Hyung-Rae Shim trying to do with his character Yunggu, what Rowan Atkinson is doing with Mr. Bean? If so, it is awful. Well, one more for the worst movies ever made list.
June 3, 2013
We tend to view all movies through "American" eyes. If you look at it's sense of Korean humor it's slapstick! I loved the 50's cars & costume. It show's us humor about the mob through another perspective.
December 6, 2012
one very funny movie
August 26, 2012
It's very funny, I couldn't breathe because it was so funny
May 11, 2011
Funny 1950's mobster theme -- I laughted out loud during the entire movie - very entertaining, great character actors. and I loved "Mary" the shop keeper -- what a looker!
May 30, 2012
Greatest movie EVER!!!!
½ April 15, 2012
Simply entertaining. Nothing to expect but for a comedy, it could have been done better.
½ November 17, 2011
Hyung-rae Shim co-wrote, directed and starred in this movie which ranks as one of the worst films I have seen this year. To label this movie as a comedy is funnier than anything this bore fest has to offer.
November 9, 2011
An alright comedy, with a lot of physical comedy that is prevelant through asian cinema comedy. It was good to see Jason Mewes in a good role and starring with Harvey Keitel.
August 28, 2011
The Name makes you think your in for an interesting mob type story but instead your stuck watching a horrible comedy that has no redeemable qualities(not even Harvey Kartel could save this film) and in the end your stuck PAINFULLY watching the film either hoping it would be good or unfortunately conned into watching it due to the title.
July 30, 2011
Easily predictable, with cheap physical comedy and unoriginal writing and dialogue. I didn't like the movie.
½ July 12, 2011
Many movies of late have been genre-parodies: "Shaun of the Dead" and "Walk Hard" definitely come to mind... The Last Godfather is long overdue, but is far from before its time. Had this movie come about during the times of "The Godfather" series, or during Nicholas Pileggi's "Goodfellas" and "Casino", it would've been jeered and panned across the board. It took the aforementioned films to become classics before this film could be made, and I challenge any fan of these classics not to laugh when "The Last Godfather" hits theaters August 9th.
May 14, 2011
I HAVE see this...eventually...
½ April 17, 2011
국 1/4?~ ? > ?먹- '? 1/4? 모~? 1/4 ? "기(TM)? 졸'? "-,<<..<<! ??...?~ ? (C)?
April 6, 2011
My sister's first speaking role on the big screen!
April 4, 2011
Tried for charming, failed. Boring slapstick w/ a few funny moments.
April 2, 2011
I loved this movie! It was silly fun and had a lot of heart-
April 1, 2011
Unbelievably bad. I walked out.