• R, 1 hr. 20 min.

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
44% Working the Engels: Season 1

The Lie Reviews

March 31, 2012
The film relies on solid acting and relatable characters to give us a down-to-earth portrayal of human nature and young adulthood. It's simultaneously dark and light-hearted, and it deals with the potentially ridiculous premise in a realistic way.
November 24, 2013
A surprisingly great movie. Holds a tranquil yet uneasy atmosphere as the characters consistently make choices that send them careening toward disaster before realizing their own resilience as a family. A poignant statement on life and what it means to be truly satisfied.
November 26, 2012
A good indie movie that delivers the message of being true to yourself.
August 12, 2012
To tell a gratuitous lie points out irresponsibility. We all have been there, right?--living a day with unfulfilled goals leading to depression untreated. Whether or not we receive special attention from others at that time being, it doesn't and won't heal until we make disclosure.
September 29, 2012
September 27, 2012--> Watched via NETFLIX...
January 29, 2012
Are o premisa decenta dar o omoara aiurea
June 27, 2012
Despite its seemingly dark premise, The Lie is a small, sweet film about a big change in a young couple's life. The film is unafraid of long conversations and they work to its advantage; providing a welcome catharsis that may take you by surprise.
June 1, 2012
slow, but good acting
Rosalie
May 25, 2012
I was bored and it wasn't funny. Thumbs down.
May 20, 2012
Ugh. A dark comedy that just sees everything go wrong for the main character. Sometimes, I feel like this could happen to me . . . just not that terrible of a lie.
February 3, 2012
Based on a short story by T Coraghessan Boyle, the debut feature film written and directed by Joshua Leonard (who was once, long ago, a cast member in The Blair Witch Project, is at times indie heart-warming, at others a tad frustrating. It has its heart in the right place, if that's enough.

Basically, a former stoner, tired of his life, takes a few days off work - his lie as to why he isn't in? His baby just died. You know as soon as he says it he regrets it, but the film isn't interested in seeing how Lonnie extracates himself from this situation - it is more interested in seeing how this decision causes him to change his life. The ending, pure Hollywood schmlatz, sees everything change for the better - but leaves unresolved the biggest question: how does he tell his work friends - who has been super kind and supportive - that he lied? The film shies away, ultimately making its hero a coward.

The Lie, nonetheless, was endearing, likeable, but in all just a little bit average.
January 28, 2012
maganda ang reviews..so iDL na yan!! now na!!
eto na naman ako,takaw mata sa pagdodownload!! di naman lahat pinapanuod!! XD
January 28, 2012
This movie sucked balls!!! SO BORING. . NOT FUNNY. bad acting. uninteresting story. just plain awful!!!!!! If I could give this movie negative stars I WOULD!!!!
November 19, 2011
Excellent Movie! We saw this last night. Great acting, surprisingly refreshing and feel good story.
November 18, 2011
FUCK THIS SHIT. THIS SHIT IS FUCKED.
November 7, 2011
Looks like another "Away we Go".

I'm so tired of the quirky, all grown yet still young, Generation Y couple who's nieve and playful nature is now threatened by the coming of a baby. Why on earth would you have one if you're not ready to settle down yet?