The Magnetic Monster

The Magnetic Monster

No Score Yet

The Magnetic Monster Reviews

Jesse R ½ April 12, 2012
If you're looking for a real and scary monster, you won't find it in this film. I wish I could of gotten more into this film, but I think a lot of it was due to there not being a 'real' monster.
KevinRobbins KevinRobbins ½ July 10, 2011
In nuclear research there is no place for lone wolves

A series of nuclear tests leads to a strange monster being created. The monster can bend and control anything metal and feeds on energy. A scientist and his wife conduct research on the nuclear tests and those responsible for creating the monster in hopes of finding a way to destroy it.

"The maniac sings with strange voices when it's working."

Curt Siodak, director Bride of the Gorilla, Love Slaves of the Amazons, The Devil's Messenger, and Ski Fever, delivers The Magnetic Monster. The storyline for this picture is fairly standard for the science fiction genre; however, the characters are very well written and presented. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the monster, which was disappointing. The cast includes Richard Carlson, King Donovan, and Jean Byron.

"It's hungry. It has to feed constantly."

The Magnetic Monster recently aired on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) double feature night (they actually aired four monster movies). We looked forward to watching these science fiction pictures and were disappointed by this film. The acting and characters were wonderful and the movie was fairly well written; but without a great monster, it is tough to have a great monster movie.

"Police will be instructed to shoot to kill."

Grade: C