93% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Summit Reviews

October 10, 2013
I like adventure and adrenaline rush as much as the next guy---but I'll stick to scuba and skydiving---K2 and Everest---I can live without tackling your summit!!!!
Jesper J.
July 6, 2014
Tells some the story at least
May 5, 2014
This has to be one of the worst documentaries I've ever seen. Such little explanation, chopping and changing time frames which left me frustrated and unable to continue watching.
April 20, 2014
Pretty boring movie. They try to make it sound like there was a big conspiracy on the mountain. Let's face it - a bunch of people tried to climb a dangerous mountain, a bunch and got killed. I can't understand why this movie got such great reviews. I thought it was lame.
April 11, 2014
I always find these high production true life mountain climbing movies fascinating, and this one is no exception. Not as good as 'Touching the Void', but still worth watching.
March 18, 2014
these people are all insane. really interesting though.
March 14, 2014
I found this movie superior to Gravity (another great film) because this is a narrative based on an actual event. It is both a tragedy and a mystery, and I found myself drawn into the tale from the first frames of the film. While you may generally resist documentaries, finding them to be stale or boring, this film will not disappoint.
March 8, 2014
it had some great scenery and it was well filmed, not the greatest documentary though it was pretty slow, could of been shorter.
March 5, 2014
A fascinating doc that perhaps is a bit hampered by its own mystery and the revelation of that mystery seeming to be more of a blame-game than anything else.
February 25, 2014
Insanity is always an interesting plot, pretty much the bread and butter of film success, but here, it comes drenched in blood and immaturity. if anything, I hope this film makes people realize that the selfish names behind the dangerous climbs are far from heros.
bill s.
February 22, 2014
Little long and drawn out doc about the worst group suicide attempt on K2.......they really have to ask what went wrong other than you climbed 28,000 feet up a narow side of an ice mountain?????
December 30, 2013
Interesting story, it maybe jumps around a little too much but definitely worth a watch.
December 13, 2013
Much like George MacDonald's Touching the Void, Nick Ryan tells the story of a tragic mountain climbing expedition with interviews, archive footage and re-enactments. The Summit talks about the 2008 K2 disaster - an international K2 expeditions where eleven people lost their lives. In order to get a solid and compact version of the truth about what happened during those tragic days on the second highest mountain in the world, he collaborates directly with some of the members of that expedition and even Pemba Gyalje Sherpa, who was named adventurer of the year by National Geographic. From the start, it is made perfectly clear that this film is not interested in being a niche documentary for the mountaineering community and would much rather resemble be an engaging and tense thriller set in high altitude. In doing so, Ryan not only explores the more intimate personal tragedies with an acceptable level of taste and by never letting the film fall into the uncomfortable grounds of exploitation. He also gives himself time and space to ask himself questions about the psychological reasons behind these people's determination to set off on these dangerous and often deadly trips in spite of the fact that, as mentioned throughout the documentary, history and even the media is much more interested in its tragedies than its achievements. This is not a perfect documentary - the non-linear structure is unnecessary and sometimes breaks the story's power on top of deeply affecting its pace. However, The Summit remains undoubtedly very suspenseful and gripping film from start to end.
October 17, 2013
Totally unexpected gem - bit confusing at times but that mirrors the story itself as no-one seems to know what happened. Cracking movie
October 16, 2013
Very good beautiful scenery, worrisome people to put themselves and others in that danger!
stephen l.
Thoroughly enjoyed this!
October 8, 2013
it is very dramatic for a documentary. It builds up the suspense and drama around a strong core of fact. It gave me a sense of what it might have been like to be there, which requires alot more than the bare facts.
October 8, 2013
Great visuals and solid acting. Really enjoy it!
October 8, 2013
visually impressive, raw. The harsh moral choices make you think what would you do on what was the perfect day to reach The Summit
October 8, 2013
Went to see the movie, one of the best documentaries have ever seen. The use of dramatic reconstruction aligned to survivor first hand testimony left me on the edge of my seat. Absolute respect for high altitude climbers.