The Tenants - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

½ October 27, 2007
Miss .
Harlequin68
½ January 26, 2007
[font=Century Gothic]In "The Tenants", it is 1972 when Harry Lesser(Dylan McDermott) is writing his third novel in a tenement in Brooklyn where he is the sole remaining tenant, hoping to regain the form of his successful first novel, when he hears another typewriter down the hall. There, he discovers Willie Spearmint(Snoop Dogg) writing a book of his own. The two become friends and Willie asks Harry to read his manuscript and tell him what he thinks.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"The Tenants" nails the solitary obsessiveness of writers perfectly but in other areas the movie is less than a success, especially in missing a prime opportunity to explore race relations. Willie is by far the more interesting character, with experiences that are only hinted at, whereas Lesser is the more polished writer. In short, what could have made for an intriguing movie falls dramatically flat, and a bland Dylan McDermott does not help.[/font]
November 4, 2007
I liked this movie. I dont know why most people dont. I was a more passive movie not filled with 2 much action. But It had a good plot and I and wanted to see the ending which I admit wasnt good.
July 2, 2007
A powerful rare find. A very intense look at the lives of two struggling writers, one struggling more than the other. Snoop Dogg gave an excellent performance, although the racial issues were a bit melodramatic, however they somewhat added to his character.
½ March 29, 2007
I don't even know how to classify this movie. I hated it!!!! It was horrible.

Dylan McDermott is living in this run down building, trying to finish his book. The landlord keeps trying to pay him to get him out so he can tear down the building. Then this squatter shows up, Snoop Dogg, & is also writing a book. They become friends in some kind of screwed up way. The acting is horrible, the story makes no sense. It was just bad bad bad!!!
½ January 15, 2007
very good thriller, Snoop Digg shines alongside Rose Byrne and Dylan McDermott. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
½ March 14, 2006
One of the worst movies of the year. I had utter hate for most of the characters in this film especially for Snoop Doggs character. What pretentious garbage.
March 10, 2006
Little note for directors: Anything with a movie that has a rapper in it,.....doesn't really make that much of a good movie.
½ March 3, 2006
Agonizingly slow at times, and a very inconsistent film. The heavy handed direction doesn't help. Certainly not a cheery film. Very negative and unappealing. Dylan McDermott does a decent job, but Snoop Dogg is irritating as hell.
March 31, 2013
i so saw the ending coming, and it sucks like a hoover, the rest of it was interesting though
December 7, 2012
Throw a card at that fool!
April 16, 2011
Interesting 70s piece with two writers as the main characters. Not only did it make me daydream again about being Lorraine Hansberry in a flat on the upper West side in the 1950s, but it actually made me think that Snoop Dog might really be serious about his acting career...
½ November 8, 2009
really i didnt know about this movie untill soon wow what a great movie and performing from snoop and dylan ..... great
½ November 1, 2009
Now this is a movie that tries to be artistic but fails to be even a close one. Simply the movie is about two writers and how they become enemies of eachother. The movie is really boring and if you are not fully awake do not watch it because you will fell sleep.
August 7, 2009
Not a terrible flick.
July 20, 2009
Don't waste your time!! This movie was boo,boo. Garbage.
½ May 18, 2009
tenu une demi heure
lent et pas prenant a oublier
March 22, 2009
Interesting, better than everyone says
January 18, 2009
No thanks. A movie where Snoop Dogg is one of the lead actors doesn't quite interest me.