57% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

The Violent Kind Reviews

366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

July 1, 2011
Bikers party at an isolated house, but a scarier, even more violent force is lurking in the woods outside. Grindhouse-style pic starts as a plodding EVIL DEAD-style grind but picks up when the devil-worshiping alien rockabilly ghosts show up; if the energy of the last third had been spread out through the entire movie, it would have been an above average horror.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

March 27, 2012
Abysmal. People who watch this movie should have to answer an exit poll, and anyone who says they liked it gets exiled to a remote rocky island. The common wisdom is that no horror film loses money - let us pray The Violent Kind is the first so the Butcher brothers are never allowed to make another. Takes an early yet commanding lead for Worst Film I Have Seen In 2012.
May 12, 2012
Perhaps I am extremely thick and perverted as one of the below reviews suggests, but I mostly enjoyed The Violent Kind. In many ways, the movie reminds me of a hyper-violent version of Sometimes They Come Back but with a completely different twist. The Violent Kind follows a group of modern bikers and their groupies as they fall prey to a twisted bunch of potentially paranormal bikers that seem like throwbacks to Rebel Without a Cause, a film that is discussed ad nauseum in the movie. I enjoiyed this as a somewhat original idea for a horror film that goes to unexpected places. It is never brilliant and is a bit too long--ten to twenty minutes could have easily been cut--however, it manages to be both brutal and surprising at the same time.
December 14, 2011
Full confession: I went into this one with only an interest in seeing the gorgeous Tiffany Shepis, but was pleasantly surprised by how much it entertained me. The mash-up of several genres is very intriguing, though I have to say that the pretty guys meant to be hardcore bikers aren't as convincing as they could be, but if you can get past that, there's a bunch of fun stuff to dig into here.

The undead from the '50s turn up to torment modern day bikers in a remote cabin, but anyone in the periphery soon falls victim to their bloody rampage.

Decent enough little flick, give it a rental.
AbnormallyAttractedToSin
May 29, 2011
Really shows you that a decently good movie can be made in only 21 days on a small budget that doesn't suck... A good story driven tale is really quite nice to see in today's sequel after sequel world... WELL worth watching.. Good performances all around...
May 10, 2011
Between a 3/10 and 4/10, it's one of those movies that belongs in an incinerator rather than a cinema.
May 6, 2013
Aside from skinny young bikers that I never see in real life, this was an original supernatural film. The acting isn't great, the budget certainly wasn't expensive and casting could've been better, but the film maintains eerieness that stays somewhat unexplained and gave me a creepy feeling.
October 17, 2012
It takes half the movie to get interesting and If the supernatural elements weren't there the story might have worked better.
July 24, 2011
Truly awful and misjudged on every conceivable level. This film does not know what it wants to be!
March 11, 2012
This movie ticked me off. Whoever wrote it needed to go back over those last 45 pages. The best actors in the world couldn't pull that mess off.
February 17, 2012
Just finished watching it, Have no clue what the hell happend..
i want my 1Hr 40 back
January 25, 2012
Can't tell if they were demons...or aliens...or wtf. I laughed and enjoyed it for what it was. Murderball is the man!
August 22, 2011
As terrible as the movie Hell Ride, just with a younger cast and even worse plot.
June 24, 2011
Not for everyone. Very violent, lots of gory scenes, some decent torture, & full frontal female nudity scene as well. Good acting with a script that keeps you guessing what the ?*& is going on.
June 17, 2011
SUCKED BAAAAAAAADDDDD!!! Dumb ass movie!
DC FIXX
June 6, 2011
May 23, 2011
Oh no! You got your Sons of Anarchy in my Invasion of the Body Snatchers. No, you got your Invasion of the Body Snatchers in my Sons of Anarchy. Either way, it tastes like meh.
May 20, 2011
good movie, little slow at the beginning, later turns into a horror
Zeppo1
May 10, 2011
** (out of four)

The film begins with some promise, but it's lack of sense or suspense leaves a bloody bad taste in your mouth.

A group of bikers gather at a house in Northern California for a party. But, when things die down for the partygoers, things are just getting started for a group of crashers who then torture the people left.

Had this been a straight forward thriller or horror film, it may have been able to work. But there are things in the script that make absolutely no sense at all. The hopes for a coherent conclusion are quickly dashed as the film drifts lower into a bloody mess.