They Are Among Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

They Are Among Us Reviews

May 22, 2011
This is a pretty low budget Sci Fi Film, about aliens who come to earth replacing people in one town. Same old theme just different actors. In this one 3 young people discover something strange about there parents, only to find out there aliens, and also we have a female alien hunter. The only real good effect are when the alien's lose there exoskeleton shell. I'm glad I picked this one up in a pawn shop for $3.00 and more and I would have felt screwed. 2 Stars
½ June 13, 2009
In a word, disappointing. I personally think the title of this movie sounds greatly interesting, which compelled me to watch this movie. Little did I know, lurking ahead was two hours of horribly cheesy acting, terrible 'special' effects, and a plot that truly depressed me with how lame it was. I am ashamed actually, to have viewed this film, and it was two hours of my life that I will never get back. I have come to the conclusion that They Are Among Us is THE absolute worst movie I have ever had the viewing displeasure of. You have been warned!
June 28, 2008
I would rather throw myself into the sun then watch this movie. The script is terrible, the acting is an abomination, and the effects make my soul cry in shame. Do not watch this movie unless you wish to waste 2 hours of your life that you will never have back after this abortion of a movie.
October 14, 2005
We have moved again! And there is high speed Internet! Now I can post, hang out in the forums and actually read everyone else's journals without the damn thing crashing on me every five minutes! Hurrah!

Now, to the reviews.

They Are Among Us = crap. An alien movie with hardly any violence and no gore. What is the point, I ask you? I believe this was a made for TV movie. It follows a teenager on the eve of his 18th birthday who thinks his parents are acting strangely and decides to investigate their behavior. It turns out that the whole town has some secrets and that he is an essential part of their plans. I did find this movie oddly fascinating. Like when I'm watching TV and happen to pass by Mutant X. I know it's not a good show, but I feel strangely compelled to watch it. Until the commercial comes on and I am free...

Bride and Prejudice = delightful. As a Bollywood musical version of Jane Austin's novel, it is breathtaking in it's colors and dance numbers. Some of it is cheesy and many of the side characters are over-the-top, but that's how I see most musicals. I wish more of the songs had been in Indian, but the opening dance number won me over right off. And, as a fan of Lost, it was especially fun to see the serious Sayid (Naveen Andrews) dancing, singing and frolicking about. Also, there's a Gilmore Girl (Alexis Bledel has a bit part). I can't wait to see more from director Gurinder Chadha ("Bend it Like Beckham").

Kicking and Screaming = blah. I do love Will Ferrell ("Anchorman"). At times, I believe he is a comic genius. But other times, he's just an overgrown child. This is one of those other times. Ferrell stars as a man who's been bullied by his father, Robert Duvall ("Secondhand Lions"), all his life. But when his father trades Ferrell's son to a losing soccer team without a coach, Ferrell decides to take a stand and coach his son's team to greatness. And you've seen all the funny parts in the preview. (Oh, dear lord, I just read on imdb that the director, Jesse Dylan ("American Wedding"), is Bob's son. I know, useless trivia fills my brain.)

Unleashed = awesome. Written by the fabulous Luc Besson ("Transporter 2"). Why, oh, why has the man stopped directing? This film follows Jet Li ("Cradle 2 the Grave") as Danny, a man raised to be a fighting animal. When his "owner" takes his collar off, Danny goes for the kill. But when his owner is apparently killed, Danny starts to make a real life with a blind piano tuner and his daughter. Li does an excellent job of seeing the world with the eyes of a child. And the fight scenes are outstanding. The best action movie I've seen in a long, long time.

Undead = entertaining. This came out around the same time as Land of the Dead, but it never hit theaters in my neck of the woods. An Australian fishing village gets hit by a meteor shower and those who are killed won't stay dead. There's a farmer Vampire Hunter D type, aliens, loads of gore and cheese, and Miss Catch of the Day. Good times all round.
August 6, 2005