Thief and the Cobbler (1995)
Average Rating: 6.4/10
Reviews Counted: 5
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 3
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 1
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 3.6/5
User Ratings: 6,609
Master animator Richard Williams (best known for his work on Who Framed Roger Rabbit?) created this visually dazzling full-length cartoon. Tack (voice of Matthew Broderick) is a shy and humble cobbler in love with the beautiful Princess Yum Yum (voice of Jennifer Beals). Tack gets his chance to impress the Princess when he's pressed into service to help defeat a wicked sorcerer, Zigzag (voice of Vincent Price); Tack also runs afoul of a charming but duplicitous thief (voice of Jonathan Winters).
Aug 25, 1995 Wide
Mar 8, 2005
Watch It Now
An Aladdin rip-off burdened by songs so dreadful that even Academy voters will refuse to nominate them.
A cartoon legend, a massively ambitious film decades in the making. Even in this butchered, cretinously dumbed-down version, its incredible hubris shines through.
Audience Reviews for Thief and the Cobbler
- Zigzag: I can restore you the balls although they may be lost.
- King Nod: I'll give you anything Zigzag! Just do it!
- Nurse/Good Witch: As my peril will be dire, you must grant my heart's desire!
- King Nod: Wich is?
- Zigzag: I require, Sire, your daughter Yum Yum to wed...
- King Nod: You want my daughter? Never! Never, ever! Get out! OUT!
- King Nod: The balls are gone! My kingdom will come to destruction and death!
- Zigzag: [to King Nod, about his nightmare/ vision] Calm down your highness... Invaders, One-Eyes? But this is against what has been prophecized! For has it not been written that we are safe from any threat, As long as the three balls stay on the Minaret?
- Zigzag: Men are fools who walk in dreams. They sleep their lives away... But I, Zigzag, will reign supreme, for they are easy prey... Eh, Phido?
- Zigzag: [looking down on the city] Asleep, asleep, they're all asleep! But I am quite awake! I rise above the human heap! The world is mine to take!
- One-Eye: I shall gnaw the Golden City to the bone! [bites ham] And I shall spit it out! [spits out ham]
|Can one person's review count twice?||5 months ago||0|