Movies Like The Thing Called Love

The Thing Called Love Reviews

thmtsang
thmtsang

December 29, 2007
This was River's last movie. About a group of musicians seeling fame and fortune.
weelee18
weelee18

November 2, 2007
good movie..
Chosen 7

January 24, 2008
A bit of a chick flick but it's a good film with some great performances by Samantha Mathis [she is sexy as hell], Dermot Mulroney, Sandra Bullock, and the late River Phoenix.
iLeo
iLeo

April 18, 2007
A great movie.
mavenblue
May 10, 2010
Sweet movie - I like River & Samantha's chemistry in this movie. Sandra was great as a sidekick and for the entertainment value.
January 31, 2009
I thought htis was a prettyt good movie even though I 'm not a big fan of country music :) River Phoenix did an amazing job in this.
volleyballchicksrule
December 27, 2006
OMG RIVER PHOENIX!He has a great voice...I hated that he was kind of an asshole but I still love it..And Samantha Mathis kind of reminded me of Martha Plimpton..Like the way she says things you could almost swear it was her voice.
soniasmiles2004
July 18, 2008
This was definately the best movie ever made. I would recomend it to anyone. I miss you River Phoenix, I'll see you in heaven. Thankyou for entertaining the world with your talent. God Bless.
JaredsBaby
June 11, 2008
I love River Phoenix, I think he was a excellent actor, he made you beleive every role he ever played.....he is missed
PiratePixi
May 21, 2008
Love this movie. however you can tell River was having problems. It's sad that it's the last movie he made!
moviegirl50
September 5, 2006
I really enjoyed this slightly off beat movie about young songwriters going to Nashville to find their dreams. Sandra Bullock, Dermot Mulroney...need I say more? They weren't the main stars but both are great to me. It makes me sad that River Phoenix died so tragically at such a young age--I didn't know he was such a talented singer!
cocacolafannky
February 15, 2008
This is the first movie I seen with Dermot Mulroney in and feel in love with him:) soooo soooo HOT!!! don't tell my hubby....LOL:)
December 12, 2007
I could watch this movie a million times and still not get tired of it. The entire cast gives a wonderful performance but River Phoenix especially was awesome in this film.
greeneyedchick1
November 12, 2007
This is just one of those movies that will always be a classic in my eyes!!! I could watch it a million times =)
May 8, 2007
I was so impressed by this movie. Its an oldie...probably before Sandra Bullock was a mega star...WOW!!! is all I can say....Its sad to think about River Phoenix dying when you watch this. He was so talented. My thoughts often wandered to his family. I wouldn't mind reading a book on his family. They would be so interesting, but its probably very personal and very private. I mean Joanquin Phoenix was on the 911 call if I remember right....but just how they got their unique names...Anyways, Samanatha Mathis really carried this movie. I think she was the main girl in Pump Up the Volume - Am I wrong?? She rocked in this. All of them had good voices...and Dermot Mulroney has really made a name for himself too. I wish Samantha Mathis had more popularity going for her. I thought she was good. This was a good love story in all the triangles.
CrazyCallSBG
October 3, 2007
My all time - all time favorite movie! If you like country music & want to sing - you can't miss this movie...sad factoid though this was River Phoenix's last movie :(
BJim
December 30, 2006
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!! And all River Phoenix movies. He's truly missed by his fans. Awesome movie The Thing Called Love.
MovieGuruDude72
June 27, 2007
A good movie to watch if you're girlfriend wants to see a romantic comedy. It's soft enough for her, but has enough good acting and music to make it watchable for him.
foxlilshorty06
April 27, 2007
Get ready to see Sandra Bullock as you've never seen her before....although she is not the main character she might as well have been, because she definatly made the movie hilarious
bondhappy33
March 5, 2007
sandra bullock is very young here but a great movie samantha mathis in it to she is the maine star trying to become a singer very good i ordered it on amaazon