Think Fast, Mr. Moto - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Think Fast, Mr. Moto Reviews

½ September 5, 2010
First of all, I love Lorre, but I can't get myself to believe his character is Japanese. The Mr. Moto movies are interesting at first, but they get silly and predictable like other detective movies.
March 31, 2013
Lorre's first stint as the Japanese detective is fast-moving & enjoyable.
April 16, 2013
Lorre with Sig Mumann? Gotta see it.
½ September 5, 2010
September 4, 2010
"Mr. Moto is a very difficult fellow to kill." The plot is only so-so: Hobbyist detective, Mr. Moto tricks & sneaks his way through a seafaring investigation of Shanghai bound narcotic smugglers. Peter Lorre, on the other hand, is quite amazing. His Mr. Moto is so sweet and charming...until he needs to kill your ass--then, he's quick and brutal. Think Fast, Mr. Moto is a solid start to the somewhat forgotten franchise. VF.
August 2, 2010
Mr. Moto doesn't play around - he gets the job done! Headed to Shanghai to fnd a murderer, he uncovers a greater mystery, and definitely has to do some quick thinking.
September 10, 2009
The first Mr. Moto adventure is a great introduction to the character. There's plenty of double cross, beautiful women, disguises and exotic locations to keep viewers captivated. Even the ongoing and oddly placed comic relief from the elderly couple on the ships seems to work.
December 23, 2008
and i need to see those other 4 movies of Mr. Moto!!
½ August 19, 2008
i dig all the Mr. Moto's (moreso than Charlie Chan) id say the reason is Peter Lorre and the general shadiness of the character, he really is the 30's and 40's James Bond, no second thought to killing people, exotci location and supizingly good action. They are still myserties though and are usually pretty good. The first one here and the second are probably the overall best, though i like Mr. Moto Takes a Chance for the sudden machine gun action.
½ July 15, 2008
Great little film, but you do have to get past the typical 1930s depictions of Asians. But how can you dislike anything with Peter Lorre?
April 25, 2008
The first of the Mr. Moto series with Peter Lorre as the Japanese detective is a good deal of fun and a great counterpoint to Charlie Chan.
January 19, 2008
I really liked the Mr. Moto character that Peter Lorre played.