Three and Out - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three and Out Reviews

½ June 16, 2009
Decent comedy drama with Mackenzie Crook as a man who, already bored with his job as a London tube driver, becomes even more depressed when two people throw themselves under his train in as many weeks. But later our man finds out if he hits three people iin a month he gets early retirement and 10 years salary. Spurred on by this he attempts to find a third victim/accident so he can finish his job, claim the ten years salary and move to his dream house, in the middle of nowhere in Scotland, and get on with his dream job as a writer. This is a well written, effective comedy drama with good performances from Crook, Colm Meaney, Imelda Staunton and the lovely Gemman Arterton.
½ December 19, 2012
Three and Out really isn't a comedy, even a dark one, but I found it an interesting and well acted film, none-the -less.
½ June 10, 2012
Hey! It's the guy from "The Office". That's all.
½ September 28, 2011
If you like anything that has to do with the U.K., you'll probably like this. It's a bit sad until they get home to the family, then it picks up a little. Still, not quite the comedic romp it could've been.
April 25, 2011
The music was very, very annoying throughout the film. Great concept, let down by poor planning and process.
January 18, 2009
There's no light at the end of the tunnel in this misguided romp whose solitary redeeming feature is its quality cast. Too gauche, too derivative and merely sporadically amusing.
November 30, 2010
this is the best movie
August 2, 2010
Gives a whole new meaning to "let's hit the tracks".

Some three years ago we were stood in a queue at a tickets office of Liverpool St Station. We were next in line. There was a girl at the window directly in front of us; having missed her train she was arguing with a Network Rail employee: "No, you don't understand ... [something, something] ... connection ... [something] .... delayed. Please check with ... [something, something]. Some FUCKING IDIOT jumped under MY FUCKING TRAIN! The TRAIN was DELAYED! I MISSED THE CONNECTION!" Oh dear, not again, eh?

So that was the subject of a good half hour's conversation on the way to Cambridge ? we don't care how shite you think your life is, yadda yadda, but throwing yourself in front of a train just isn't cricket. First of all, you're inconveniencing and potentially traumatizing the train's passengers, and then of course there is the train diver who surely has not signed a no objection notice to being forced to kill you.

Except that the train driver in Three and Out indeed has no objections. Having accidentally killed two people who, within a fortnight -- in one way or another -- found themselves under his train, London Tube driver Paul (Mackenzie Crook) learns of a little-spoken-of Tube drivers' union rule: if you hit three people in a month, the railway has to pay you a handsome sum as a compensation, and you get to go on early retirement with a full pension. Now all that Paul needs to do is find somebody willing to jump in front of his train by the end of the week to make it three.

Three and Out is funny, well-acted, and reasonably paced. Granted, there are a couple of slow bits, and the writing could be improved upon, still, I found it well worth 2.29 for a DVD.
½ April 4, 2010
An amazing and unique funny story line ... with a great cast .... a really good add to all the black comedy films out there