Thumb Wars

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Thumb Wars Reviews

Anthony L

February 27, 2012
An odd but inventive parody of the original Star Wars films. It's has a few funny moments of slap-stick comedy and a lot of the thumb/finger/hand related props were clever, the problem is that it's just not very funny. Robot Chicken Star Wars is much better, very similar but funny.
michael e.
michael e.

May 26, 2011
very funny, with a great imagination done by Steve Oedekerk, plus some very good effects and comedy
puffchunk
puffchunk

November 19, 2007
Pretty funny. After a while...it's just thumbs. Just thumbs.
Lafe F

July 14, 2007
An awesome tribute to the Star Wars movies. It's mostly "A New Hope" with a few "Empire" scenes thrown in. I wish they could do the entire saga. The little thumb puppets are so cute; it's weird when you first see thumbs with faces on them. Look at Princess Leia's hair and you'll see Cinammon Buns! Ben Kenobi seemd a bit gay in this one. Chewbacca was hilarious. The sets and costumes are detailed. The space effects are good too. Some of the jokes are lame, but most are good. This has become a classic.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

June 27, 2007
Good fun and a quite clever and unique parody of Star Wars.
Jason S

January 26, 2007
Funny little thing about a thumb who wishes to be a jedi.
Sean N.
Sean N.

June 16, 2010
In three words: Epic and totally funny. This must've been one of Seth MacFarlane's inspirations for the FG Star Wars episodes.
February 18, 2012
Funny animation-thingy that parodies Star Wars with thumbs.
In the first of the Thumb series, Loke Groundrunner and Oobedoob Benubi must save the princess from the evil Black Helmet Man- basically a lot like the New Hope plot.
I found it funny. I laughed at the majority of the jokes, especially the "I am your mother" one. It was a bit weird and at points, even a bit disturbing. But overall, a funny animation, I liked it. I suggest it to you, it was good. Maybe the kids can see it too, depends on age.
June 9, 2006
"A one-armed man killed my wife Sabrina, a working girl. And now I'm a fugitive and in clear and present danger. I should be presumed innocent, but they're playing patriot games with me; Raiders, regarding Henry, Blade Runner and Air Force One."

Film with a lot of effort and detail put into the models, "thumbs," and other goofy devices but not enough devoted towards humor or entertaining the audience (at least not for quasi-intellectual people).

"Oh, don't try to scare us with your ooby-dooby magic talk, Helmet Man. Your I'm a horrifying warlock and I'm going to get you with my mystic potions talk SICKENS me! I LAUGH at you and your I'm a frightening wizard threat of hostility. Why don't you gather some frog legs, and eyes of a newt, and conjur up a potion that will get you your FACE back, and perhaps make you one mere ounce less PATHETIC than you truly ARE!"
October 15, 2009
It's hit or miss (mostly miss) with this STAR WARS parody. Though they managed to come up with some clever names for the characters, most of the jokes were less then funny.
If you can laugh at the fact that the characters are all thumbs for almost a half an hour, then go ahead and watch it. Everyone else can go watch a good STAR WARS parody.

"All right, you thumbs, listen up. A one-armed man killed my wife Sabrina, a working girl. And now I'm a Fugitive and in Clear and Present Danger. I should be Presumed Innocent, but they're playing Patriot Games with me; Raiders, Regarding Henry, Blade Runner and Air Force One."
"I'm sorry, what was that last part?"
October 21, 2008
My son rented this movie, and I have to say, I was pretty damn amused! They have an entire series of spoofs on other movies. It's pretty funny! Older kids will get a kick out of it and laugh out loud the entire time, while adults catch on to the more subtle mature jokes in the dialog. Funny stuff!!
ChzPizza4a
January 31, 2008
hehehehehehhehehehehe
he
hehehehehehehe!
February 20, 2008
a dumb but really fun parody of Star Wars, and the best in the Thumb series that i've seen. Oedekerk is truly a sick puppy.
July 4, 2007
Considering I liked Kung Pao so much, this was pretty lame. One good line. "Luke, I am your", and Darth flips off his suit to reveal a large dress "MOTHER". Just silly. But nothing worth the money!
June 29, 2007
"Copy that Red Rooster!"
"...I don't think I'm Red Rooster."
"Copy that Stray Dog!"
"...I don't think I'm Stray Dog either..."
"Copy that Nasty Butler!"
"........I'm ending this transmission."
April 1, 2007
This short movie is really funny. Just seeing thumbs with faces on em is funny just in itself but when they spoof Star Wars it takes off. Oobie Doob Banoobie and Princess Bunhead are just some of the names they use.
March 6, 2007
This is some funny stuff, originally aired on TV, this is a welcomed addition to the Star Wars DVD family.
abortional
January 25, 2007
heh, steve oedekerk rules. And no, flixster, Steve Oedekerk and Steve-o are NOT the same person as advertised in the link.
ledzkreep
January 14, 2007
oh man, this is so funny, i wouldn't call it a movie though, its a hilarious spoof on star wars, i love it, if you have any way to see it, see it!
June 16, 2006
It's funny once.. maybe twice if you watch it with a friend the next time... but this movie doesn't last.