Zamani barayé masti asbha (A Time for Drunken Horses)(Intoxication for Horses) (2000)
Average Rating: 7.3/10
Reviews Counted: 33
Fresh: 28 | Rotten: 5
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 8.2/10
Critic Reviews: 8
Fresh: 8 | Rotten: 0
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 4.2/5
User Ratings: 1,263
Former assistant director to Abbas Kiarostami and star of Samira Makhmalbaf's Blackboards, Bahman Ghobadi makes his directorial debut with this gritty, documentary-like look at Kurdish orphans struggling to survive. Shot in the village where the filmmaker grew up, the film unsentimentally depicts how children are packed in trucks and driven to the city to perform such menial jobs as wrapping parcels or, more likely, carrying large boxes like pack mules. Though Ayoub is all of 12 years old, he
Oct 27, 2000 Limited
Feb 15, 2011
Watch It Now
... a hard yet visually beautiful portrait of grueling third world lives under the desperation of poverty and the terror of war.
Audience Reviews for Zamani barayé masti asbha (A Time for Drunken Horses)(Intoxication for Horses)
- Amaneh: Ayoub worked hard for two months, but he wasn't able to earn enough for Madi's operation. He had to spend everything on us. After the fight in which he broke his arm, our uncle offered Ayoub a mule, so that they could work together.
- Amaneh: There are no jobs here, even if you have a mule.
- Amaneh: Oh God. Help Madi! Oh God. Make him better!
- Ayoub: In the truck, they said that several smugglers had been blown up by mines. Our village is on the border. That's who many villagers had died. My dad's there at the moment. I'm worried about him.
There are no discussion threads for Zamani barayé masti asbha (A Time for Drunken Horses)(Intoxication for Horses) yet.
- Zeit der trunkenen Pferde (DE)
- A Time For Drunken Horses (UK)