91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

44% Working the Engels: Season 1

Tky Zankoku Keisatsu (Tokyo Gore Police) Reviews

Edward B

May 18, 2014
Eihi Shiina, that freakish girl from Audition, stars as a sword-wielding agent of death in Tokyo Gore Police, a B-movie of epic proportions. Strange and unnecessarily violent, Yoshihiro Nishimura's dystopian futuristic horror packs in a lot of tongue in cheek humour and a sexy heroine you can't help but route for.
Phil H

February 28, 2012
Well its certainly gory that's for damn sure, I've never seen so much fake watery looking blood. It literately explodes from the screen into your face! fountains and streams of gushing blood at every turn.

The films instantly conjures thoughts of 'Robocop' and 'Starship Troopers' as we are introduced to little news flashes or adverts showing thick dark humour laced with heavy doses of satire. A privatised police force that 'protects' Tokyo against the threat of 'engineers' (self mutated insane berserker criminals).

There's such a colourful blend of genres here its hard to pin down really, think 'Kill Bill' with quirky fantasy and horror. The plot is bizarre and chock full of fetish and kink, rubber bound ladies and femme fatales, a real pleasure for all alternatives out there. Add a crazy mix of down right blatant B-movie effects alongside some pretty good gore effects combined with ingenious camera angles and surreal visions.

I liked the futuristic Japanese police with their black samurai suits and many of the nightmarish mutant engineers are fun to see in action. Lots of katana face splitting and body popping with a man who shoots eyeballs from little cannon extensions in his eye sockets to a girl who's lower half becomes a gaping alligator-esque maw.

Its totally comicbook or manga I guess with so much blood it becomes funny rather than scary but that's the idea really. Not vicious more screwball really but with some nice slick visuals at times, bizarre imagination and many memorable moments. I think I can see where Tarantino looks to for inspiration or is it vice versa? loved the limbless pet gimp.
366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

April 28, 2013
A female cop in Tokyo's private police force fights against a plague of mutant serial killers. Along with MACHINE GIRL this was the flick that launched the current Japanese tsunami of pulp-surreal gore comedies; with its satirical commercials, over-the-top splatter set pieces, and general bizarre atmosphere, TGP is probably the apex of this disreputable mini-genre.
DragonEyeMorrison
DragonEyeMorrison

October 15, 2011
Yawn* another one of these cheap gore-fests made to appeal western audiences. Not even mrs Shiina can save this one, she deserves way better movies. Overall, just boring, tedious and not worth the time.
WrenchLT
WrenchLT

January 8, 2011
Extreme OTT Japanese splatter movie set in the not too distant future of Tokyo. Featuring a super-brutal police force and genetically modified super-humans whose wounds can mutate into grotesque looking weapons. Action-packed and fast-paced from the off - the blood, gore and dismemberment comes thick and fast. The make-up effects are suitably gross and creative but the only downside was that the blood was a little watery, but this is a minor grievance. Lots of Robocop references too are scattered about including the spoof comercials which are one of the main highlights of the film. The film is really entertaining and very darkly humoured for those that can take it.
Ariuza k.
Ariuza k.

December 17, 2010
A very intriguing title and film about mutants and monsters and of course the Tokyo gore police school girls with swords and guns who fight terrible creatures. I think this was the remake of another film called Anatomia Extinction that came out some years ago and they worked on this after the Machine girl witch was okay but all this movie does is live up to the film's title, by being gory, perverse and bizarre.

They say brain-dead is the goriest movie ever made but any Set in a future-world vision of Tokyo where the police have been privatized and bitter self-mutilation is so casual that advertising is often specially geared to the "cutter" demographic, this is the story of samurai-sword-wielding Ruka and her mission to avenge her father's assassination. Ruka is a cop from a squad who's mission is to destroy homicidal mutant humans known as "engineers" possessing the ability to transform any injury to a weapon in and of itself.

Of course everything you see has already been done in other film for example, Evil Dead with the book splattering on people and vomiting on them, Brain-dead nearly every scene in that. But all this movie does is present to you something slightly newer and graphic. Well of course with a title like that.
I think Eihi Shiina was really good with that sword of hers and she cuts and slaughters her way throw the place, now that's what I call violent and disturbing acting that's awesome. And I would say goes for Itsuji Itao and Camille LaBry. But most things have been done like I said and same with the wired dialogue.
But it still is awesomely fantastic trash

I think my close is that maybe some people should see it in the near future and not this future.
garyX
garyX

February 18, 2009
In the near future the Tokyo Police Force has been privatised and face a new enemy in the shape of a gang of shape shifting cyborgs who can turn their bodies into deadly weapons. This is one of those films that could've been fantastic if it hadn't been written and directed by someone with the emotional maturity of Comic book Guy. There are some inventive make up effects and costumes and Eihi (Audition) Shiina is still smoking hot, but the plot was clearly written by a pair of teenage death metal fans who preceded every concept with the phrase "Wouldn't it be, like, way cool if THIS happened a-hyuk a-hyuk...!" The whole thing is just an excuse to dress up hot girls as hookers and schoolgirls in bondage gear and throw buckets of fake blood over them. The characters and plot are next to non-existent and it rips off the visual style of Tetsuo, the TV inhabiting host from Battle Royale and the satirical adverts from Robocop but forgets to include any semblance of their wit or sophistication. All Yoshihiro Nishimura really brings to the table is the idea that the human body contains garden sprinklers for a circulatory system and some incredibly ham fisted direction. Think Planet Terror if it wasn't funny and had been directed by Rain Man.
skactopus
skactopus

April 26, 2008
Coming from the people that brought us The Machine Girl, it is no surprise that Tokyo Gore Police has the cult following that it does. If this were a Hollywood film released in America, I think this would get a NC-17 rating.Not surprisingly, the plot is ridiculous and way over the top. If I have to tell you to not take this movie seriously, you should not be watching this. There is so much about this movie that will have you cracking up in your seat, but let me get the weaker part of this film out of the way first.The story seems to have no real flow to it because this film is so abstract. It really does feel like a bunch of random violent scenes just strung together. Don't get me wrong because there is a story, but the parts that don't involve blood are pretty bland.You notice that the title contains the word "Gore." That is where this picture shines. I thought that Japan would be out of fake blood after The Machine Girl, but apparently, I was mistaken. There is so much blood in here that red is all you see. Director Yoshihiro Nishimura doesn't hold back anything either. A shattered bottle getting driven right into a guy's face, another guy's dick getting bitten off, and a woman getting torn into quarters by 4 cars. I don't think I need to mention all the severed limbs and the other freaky s*** that this movie has to offer.Eihi Shiina pulls off the lead and she is reminiscent of Lucy Liu at times. Shun Sugata and Yukihide Benny lead the supporting cast as the police force higher ups. The acting isn't anything special, but it is everything you expect for a film like this. There is also a special appearance by Tak Sakaguchi.At the end of the day Tokyo Gore Police is one solid piece of gore, which blood fanatics will get a kick out of. Oh yeah, be on the lookout for all the violent marketing ads that pop up throughout this 110 minute blood fest.
Lanning :

August 10, 2009
If I'd seen this one before I'd seen Machine Girl, I don't know . . . maybe I might have liked it more. But it really lacks a decent story. It's more of just the blood and the violence, I think. At least the story of Machine Girl keeps your interest going. Come to think of it, had I seen this one first, I probably would have skipped Machine Girl altogether, which would have been a bad mistake. If you see only one, make it Machine Girl.
Kylie B

July 29, 2008
The key to understanding what this film is about is in the title. It's set in Tokyo (albeit a rather nightmarish 20 min-into-the-future Tokyo), there are lots of policepeople, and lots of gore. It's primarily a showcase for gore, weird and often sexually themed mutants, and the lovely Eihi Shiina. There is a plot, but it's not the strong point of the film. That would be Ms. Shiina in a police uniform. Yum.
Daniel H

August 6, 2009
A bizzarre gore-fest that delivers a seemingly endless amount of freakish situations... as if Kill Bill were combined with Videodrome and directed by a deranged Sigmund Freud.

Sadly, it doesn't have its tongue in its cheek nearly enough to be considered a comedy, nor is it coherent enough to be logically considered a horror film. In the end, the film takes its over-the-top gore far too seriously. Gore films are about the gore, naturally, but also absurdity. These core elements (gratuitous violence) must be supported by its cinematic elements (plot, dialog), rather than compete with them. As it stands, Tokyo Gore Police attempts to have a serious dramatic plot mixed with ridiculous violence... and the two don't mix well, resulting in a heavily layered but remarkably hollow pretension of a film. No amount of ingenious and satisfying torrents of blood, guts, and vagina-dentata can withstand such a brazen attempt to be taken seriously.

One should excuse director Nishimura, as a special-effects and make-up artist first and director second... but sadly, it is hard to excuse the film.
deano
deano

April 26, 2009
The non-stop splatterfest comes courtesy of Yoshihiro Nishimura, a special FX ace who has taken to the helm and delivered a gory, RoboCop-inspired near future. Nishimura keeps full throttle on the action, with gobsmacking, body morphing shenanigans married to wild camera techniques. There's so much spurting blood that when someone flies through the air using the gush from their severed legs, no-one so much as blinks. Bad effects and cornball acting actually make this film much fun and excitement.
_kelly .

February 11, 2009
If you like absurdity in your gore horror, this is beyond must watch and into new classic territory.

Just be aware that the gore here is in the Asian fountain style where it's all about quantity, not reality in any sense. To this effect, those who seek authentic blood colors and consistency will be disappointed, but if you like the blood fountain aesthetic and that's what you're looking for, you probably don't give a damn about coloring or any realism, and you're gonna see some of the coolest gore fountains in cinema history.

The story here is that in future Tokyo, police have been privatized and primarily spend their time fighting things called engineers. Engineers are crazed killers that can only be killed by destroying the hidden key-shaped organ within them; any other damage done to an engineer turns the wound site into a weapon. This rule makes for some of the most awesome human-monster hybrids ever on screen. It starts with the Evil Dead tribute of guy with chainsaw hand, and then moves on to all original territory with guy with turret gun eyes, lady with giant jaw lower half, guy with giant dick gun, lady with acid-spewing titties. Even those who fight engineers have some awesomely odd weapons; this movie brings new meaning to the term "handgun".

The dubs are not annoying but actually well done. The props/special effects are great for the most part. The commercials throughout are hilarious, as is the majority of this movie. Instant new fave and I can't wait for the next one!

"Most Fucked up" highlight: Take your pick. For me, it's the chair person.
Ken S

February 5, 2009
Cronenberg meets Verhoven meets Miike.
Ridiculous in it's imagination and flawed in it's execution.
Beefy
Beefy

January 19, 2009
Overlong by half an hour with more plot than is necessary, the film is ripe with moments of hilarity wherein you find yourself gasping at what they've come up with next. The effects are never more than cartoonish, though still very graphic. Recommended for those who like to claim they've seen it all - you'll be referencing this one to your friends.
John B

December 16, 2013
An interesting concept is overshadowed by gore. Heck, I should have expected it from the title but here is there is gore for the sake of gore and not extending a plot line. One of the more difficult films to watch.
Anoop K

October 24, 2013
Wacky stuff. I mean really wacked out, gory, violent, howlarious, cocky, action packed, sentimental, creepy, disgusting, awesome, wtf was that shit sort of wacky stuff.
Adam M

March 1, 2011
Mental Japanese thriller. This is set in a probably not to far off future where the police have been privatised and go about their business in the most brutal way possible. But the main story is that of a female officer looking to get revenge for her fathers assassination. This is very very gory but with a decent plot, good performances and a stylish feel, this is more than just an exploitation film. It'll be far to over the top and gory for some but for those who have grown tired of the shitty cop thrillers that Hollywood churns out, this could be worth a look. I personally though it was brilliant. If you can use your imagination, not take things to seriously and be ready for anything, Tokyo Gore Police could be one of the best cop thrillers you've ever seen!