20% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

Tom Brown's Schooldays Reviews

Cynthia S

August 13, 2013
I enjoyed this story of a boy learning to survive being bullied at an English public school. Alex Pettyfer, who plays Tom, was lovely, and it was great to see Jemma Redgrave again, though, I wish her character could've been a bit more developed. This is based on a British book I've never read; though, I remember seeing a black & white film from the 30's years back.
Tamar
November 20, 2013
Not bad. It's well acted - Fry is very good - but very abusive of Hughes' original book.
May 25, 2013
For a made for tv movie this film is excellent. The kids do an amazing job at depicting the fun and horror they experienced at a public school at the dawn of the 'Arnold era.' It veers from the book quite a bit in places, but the plot flows nicely with the changes and won't leave viewers disappointed.
November 25, 2012
It's Stephen Fry people....how bad can it be? I found it quite enjoyable though it seemed a little short. I read the book nor have i seen the original black and white film but i liked this. It's a bunch of boys getting into situations. Fun.I mean seriously, you could get a solid hour of entertainment just by staring at the kid's hair.
July 9, 2012
Poorly directed. Couldn't sit through it. Art Direction beautiful though. May rent it again later...